autoflower cloning

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zachaweed93, Feb 7, 2013.

1. this has probably been asked before but is it possible to clone an auto flower before it goes to flower? or is it even possible to clone them?:confused:

2. you can clone them, but the clone will flower at the same time as the mother plant and youre losing yield because it has to start growing its own roots first. so its pointless.
    if you want to clone, get a photoperiod strain. i generally recommend you do if you want to grow indoors, you can just do more stuff with photos and theyre no harder to grow.

3. thanks for the info. I'm getting photo seeds as well (northern lights, and mind bender) I just wanted some bud earlier than having to wait as long for them. and for photos if I'm growing inside can I wait tell the plants get as tall as I want then put them into flower?

4. no, cannabis always stretches as it starts to flower. sativas stretch more than indicas, the typical hybrids generally stretch to 2 times their size I believe... NL might stay a little shorter, not sure about mind bender. the latter seems to be more of an outdoor strain, are you gonna grow it indoors?

5. I'm gonna grow a auto (pineapple express) inside and a photo (NL) and then some outside mainly the mind benders and a few NLs