Autoflower ak in an aerogarden. Pics.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bandages, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Hi y'all,

I have 3 plants in an aerogarden deluxe with a 1 gallon resevoir. Everything has been going smoothly, it's 3 1/2 weeks from seed. I use filtered water, which I top off the tank with every few days. I use the box nutrients (I have fox farms on the way). The Ph is 6.2, the humidity is 50% and the temp varies between 80-90 degrees.

Roots are healthy, the leaves have suddenly gone brownish yellow gray on one plant, and very rapidly, with some leaf curl-in. and it's slowly happening to the other plants.

Any ideas? Any help would be awesome.

Attached Files:

2. Some more:

Attached Files:

3. last few:

Attached Files:

4. Anyone? The last healthy plant is starting to wilt slightly now. I'd really like to save these plants.

5. KILL THEM ALL WITH FIRE.

unless you were trying to grow Dudes :confused:

6. #6 Bandages, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010

Out of 10 seedlings I have 5 viables, and 5 males. That's a real $hite ratio.

Thanks for the heads up. I appreaciate you stopping me from wasting my time.

7. #7 johncain1, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010

I ran a very similar setup but used Lowryder#2 x AK47. Your pH should be around 5.5 or very close to it. That could be your problem, also your room temp is too high, try to keep it between 70-80 and that humidity around 50 or slightly above.

My AK was ultra sensitive to nutes too. I'd check out the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible, it can pretty much answer any of your questions

Also, make sure the seams of that thing (the aerogarden) are covered up. Any light getting in will readily breed bacteria and algae, mine was just starting to get root rot near the end of its life, luckily it didn't matter much since it was about time to harvest anyway.

8. I was wondering how you keep them shielded from light in thier dark cycle? are they in a cupboard or in a box etc?

Once they start flowering they dont like to be disturbed, light leaks or uusual lighting patterns (say if they're in a room that has a light turned on at random times) may cuase them to suffer abit and hermie.