Auto Watering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by norubbers, Feb 20, 2016.

1. If im using FoxFarm Ocean Soil, and its still in germination I planted seed directly into soil.

And say few days pass when should i start watering and how much

2. First...awesome nickname👍
    Has anything sprouted yet? From ur post it sounds like u just placed the seed in soil?

3. Wait till the soils dry on top dont overwater, it will slow growth down just use a spray bottle for first week

Sent from my SM-G900I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Don't let the top layer of soil go bone dry while the seed is cracking, your sprout will shrivel up and die.
    Clear cups make a great dome for this purpose.

5. #5 GoldGrower, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016
    when to water depends on the soil, volume of the pot, temperature, humidity, air movement, amongst other things. Chances are, you won't need to water the plant in the first week as its too small to suck the soil dry, but it does depend. Try and let the soil dry out enough so the tap root is able to grow through the soil all the way to the bottom.

Edit.
    Oh it's not even germinated yet? Yeah don't let the surface totally dry out. Use a spray bottle if needed but I prefer to cover the top of the pot with food wrap to keep it damp