Auto ultimate hybrid light grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kinglerpig, Oct 29, 2017.

1. I've looked into hybrid lighting for a while now and there still doesn't seem to be much info about it. From what I've gathered led beats any light by far veg wise but in flower a lot of people say they don't perform weight wise but frost up really good. So that's where adding the hps comes in later in flower to try and get some weight on the buds (hopefully)....

I'm going to be growing 4 auto ultimates in 15l air pots...
    Viparspectra 900w reflector panel to veg under and a gavita 750 pro to flower under...

Soil mix of perlite, worm castings and plant magic soil (recipe of the famous Loki)...

Nutes will be oldtimer plant magic veg and bloom mixes, root booster, plant magic cal mag, and a silicon mix by shogun...

In a Trojan 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.2 tent, rhino filter and extractor 4inch, a few smaller fans inside to keep the air moving and a small humidifier...

I'm nearly 50 days in at the minute so il post all my previous piks up today hope you learn something from it like I will

[​IMG]
    So this is all 4 popped about an inch tall I think on the 4th day from soaking the seed. I used the wet paper towel technique in a plastic container and all 4 popped and broke the soil at the same time.

[​IMG]

12 days old...
    Think I gave them there first feed of veg nutes at a 1/4 strength here

[​IMG][​IMG]

Day 21 (3weeks)
    First time I've tried lst aswell so this was a learning curve for me... don't want them getting too tall as the renowned for stretching a few week in so it had to be done first piks in the morning and the second is later that night mad how quick they can spin back round to face the light. I'm using the foam covered garden wire aswell and not too tight

[​IMG]
    23 days...
    Really starting to bush out and build some size.

[​IMG]

25 days...
    Having to lst them nearly every morning now. The panel I have had a veg and a bloom switch, previously I only had the veg switch on so I've switched the bloom on to promote some stretch so I can tie them down again and spread them the full area of the tent.

[​IMG][​IMG]

26 days...
    More lst a pik of how I've been pulling down the branches and tying them to other branches or the holes in the pots

[​IMG]

Day 27...
    The day after that training really putting on size now can't keep up with them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Day 31...
    Love an even canopy

[​IMG]

Day 36...
    One of the plants is starting to form it's bud sites at the top of the colas so I'm gna leave it a week for the others to catch up before adding the hps

[​IMG]

Day 39...
    Literally no room in the tent have to take a plant out to feed the Ines at the back. I rotate the plants 180 degrees every morning too as the 900 panel doesn't seem to cover the entire area should have really bought 2 of the 450 reflector to get more coverage but it's defo done it's job for veg

[​IMG]
    My gavita light came today aswell

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Day 46...
    Growth seems to be slowing down abit now and over the past couple of days the budsites on the other plants have caught up its also just over halfway through there life cycle so il be switching to the hps in the next couple of days

[​IMG]

Day 47...
    I added the gavita last night and the plants are loving it. I've flushed them this morning ready to start them on there bloom feed an the next watering too. Going to lst for the last time tmorrow and spread them as wide as I possibly can. Had a few problems with the heat as all of you will know about the hps lights they produce a lot more of it but opening the bottom vents fully at the base of the tent seems to have done the trick I've not put any picture of the nutes so I will do next feed aswell sorry guys...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Looking pretty damn amazing man... did it also take you 47 days to write that ?

• Like Like x 3
  3. , first weekend I've had off work so sat down and did it this morning. Had 3 coffees aswell lol it's been nearly a week since that last picture so could do with putting some more on

• Like Like x 3
  4. And is that day 47 flower? :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. 47 days all in all but there about 6 days in flower I'd say dude

• Like Like x 2
  6. Okay was gonna say man ya got problems if it's 46 days flower haha

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 Booseyboo, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Amazing job mate, just perfect girls you got there, excellent job on the even canopy i bet you've had your hands full training all of them lol cant wait to see a tent full of big buds soon top work kingler!!

Boo'sBuds SeedStockers Sponsored Grow

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cheers boosey still got a fair bit to go yet

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Doing really well that canopy is super even....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheers dude, can't do with stuff that's not level

11. [​IMG]
    So for my veg nutes I used these which I came off last week...

[​IMG]
    And for the rest of the grow I'm using these for flower. Shogun also do a booster for the last 3 week so I've still to buy that and il start them on mollasses this week too as there due a feed tonight

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]
    Day 52...

Not much change to be honest just a fair bit of swelling on the bud sites and pistols bursting out everywhere can't wait for them to harden up

• Like Like x 4
  13. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Day 58...
    Starting to see them swell more and more each day hoping these are going to be monsters still at least another month left cocked up there last feed and left them about a day longer than I usually would so they were looking pretty sorry for themselves but gave them a feed and they've shot straight back up so all good. Keep forgetting how quick hps can dry your tent out.

• Like Like x 2
  14. [​IMG]
    Day 63...

Still swelling, so much so a couple of the plants have started yellowing on the lower leaves. I've read up on it and it's when the plants start taking the nutes from the lower foliage to the buds so I'm going to up her nutes a little next feed.
    [​IMG]
    Also got my veg tent up running so got my blue cheese photos from dinafem ready to break the soil

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looking great buddy! I wouldn't up the nutes mate, what she is doing is natural so dont worry about it! As long as the fading leaves dont spread all over the plant you'll be fine :) you actually want her to use the nutes in her leaves before harvest otherwise your weed will taste nasty lol get us some photos of the girls in natural light :) or are they in a scrog? Lol

Boo'sBuds SeedStockers Sponsored Grow

• Like Like x 1
  16. Il get some dude yeah just wondered with them having a fair few month left that's all hoping they keep swelling though that's all I want

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1