Auto stopped growing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by T0aster, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Hey all!

First time growing with an auto strain (female seeds auto speed bud). Almost a month ago she started showing preflower pistils and they are at just about every node. She stretched like she should (doubled in size in about 2 weeks)later butw she is just kinda chilling for the last week and change. No swelling. No popcorn bud. No flowering tops. Just stopped. They went through a spell where I lost heat during the strectch and temps were in the high 50s which I know probably had some negative effect. Any advice? Should I just let it play out or try to go 12/12 in case it has some genetic defect? I've read that in some rare cases there are 120 day phenos which would be unfortunate since I got this as a quick flower plant lol.

Im probably being a total noob but the switch was so quick when I flowered my last photo to actually producing buds..

Growing under a vipar 300 and 3k qb120.
    Smart pot. Ffof and ff nutes. 20/4 light cycle. 5.8ph. Hanging in the low to mid 70s in my grow area.

Just popped a RQS critical photo just in case this one shits the bed.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. They are pretty finicky sometimes. I just had one that accidentally got topped and it went from being a 60 day straight to a 90 day strain. It sucks but happens. Best thing to do is start another auto while waiting for that one to start back up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. [​IMG]

It's not really as yellow as it looks. It's the light from the QB hitting part and the blurple hitting part making it look weird

[​IMG]

4. The leaves look very thin and the plants are tree like so it's a sativa and that's probably why it's taking time. I would play it out and see how she goes. The plant looks healthy though nice job man.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it!

6. Pushed a few more pistils but still very much in a holding pattern. Bloom nutes. I germed a photo period in case I need to can this one. Have a separate tent I can keep it in if I need to change light cycles before this thing is done.

7. Dunno what happened but the last 3 days she put in about another 6" of stretch.... I don't know what to expect out of this one lol... [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Some sativa strains take a lil longer to flower brother . Hell even the photos I'm growing now did that shit to me. But all around it made me happy lol . The second pic is the one that took two extra weeks to start properly [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

9. It's freaking 4 ft tall now lol she's loving life [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. Last auto speed bud I grew ended up being a photo, I would put it on 12/12
    Looked just like that plant

• Like Like x 1
  11. man thats going to be a a lovely big Sativa ,,,,you lucky TOaster ,,mac..

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's what I was afraid of lol... Did you still get a good yield?

13. Remember bigger is always better lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ya still
    still growing getting top heavy now, like you let it grow to tall before I switched, think it was breed to grow under netting. It is frosty and smells great

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just my opinion

16. Mines about 3.5' now too!! Can't wait to get something out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I appreciate it guys. My dumb ass popped a photo and I thought I could get by with one light in each if I needed to switch 12/12 but it's gotten too big. I may just grow my photo under 12/12 and get what I get from it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Here's my monster as of today brother . [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Looking good, hopefully I can get some buds packed into mine soon.

• Like Like x 1