Auto questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Litngrn, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Just started 2 fast buds, zkittlez and gorilla glue. Growing them both in 60% ff ocean forest 30% coco coir and 10% perlite. My question is around about a good time would it be to start nutrients (foxfarm Trio) for these lil gals? I know it can depend on plant but I am nervous to start. I don't want to burn and stunt. I do check ph like a mad scientist lip

2. Why did you mix soil with coco?
    They require a different pH for efficient nutrient uptake.

3. Yeah, I am not sure with the coco how your watering is going to go..............I grow is soil/perlite and I start giving my autos nutes pretty early on....I have a grow journal going that I just pulled this pic from....it was from right after I fed her nutrients for the first time....9 days old from seed package....about 5 days above soil.....

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/20190724_220348-jpg.2651717/

• Like Like x 1
  4. I transplant into FFO already fertilized with FF Trio... as per their schedule.
    Five grows; no burn.

• Like Like x 2
  5. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Hopefully the coco wasn't enough to mess it up! Yes soil or Coco make up ur mind

7. The soil coco mix was a recipe I seen on autoflower.net. thanks for tips papapuff. I will check it tonight. I haven't planted into this recipe just yet. Still waiting for seed to germ

8. That thread is 8 years old.
    Good luck with your choice. :)

9. S

• Like Like x 1
  10. I did test soil mix ph today. Took a 1/4 cup soil mix and half cup distilled water came back 6.75 Same test with tap water 6.79. I am hoping that the ph stays about where I will keep the water going in at around 6.0 - 6.2 - 6.5 Just a theory time will tell. On a side note the soil mix looks amazing after stirring and settling together for 2 days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes it was the soil coco mix was 347. My ffof that has plants in it was 495. Couldn't resist testing both ha

• Like Like x 1
  12. I checked ffof soil about a week ago and the ph was 6.6

13. Thanks for the easy feed method papa puff!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cool so no more guessing bro!! What I've been advocating for a while! When you get tired of the cal mag issues, go to nectar for the gods and u will have perfect plants. I suggest u watch the videos form Scott Ostrander on YT. Look up nectar for the gods

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I am gonna check them out for sure. I am definitely leaning towards trying straight coco+perlite next beans I germ. I have a 18 fast buds beans left I should figure I system I like by then lol. Thanks again for tips. Especially nutrients. I dont know if I am digging the foxfarm trio and soil. Just because I like to tend my grow everyday and this fox farm is almost set it and forget so to speak. Which I am sure some growers love.

16. Looks like an awesome line. I will definitely try in my next soil grow. Looks little pricey to be doing in coco with 25-30% run off lol

17. Just a little update on soil coco mix. She's doing great and ph is stable as f##k. Just fyi probably half or more of grows on growdiaries use a coco soil mix. Fast buds gorilla glue day 18

Attached Files: