Auto lsd and amnesia haze coco coir pebble.mix

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by K13, May 26, 2017.

1. Hi all
    My 2nd grow (1st flopped no idea why).

1x 200w cfl bulb
    Coco coir pebble mix
    Perlite
    Canna a & b
    Canna clmg

0- 5 days germinating - seeds sprouted and i put seeds in coco coir pebble mix and perlite. 9cm pots. I have mixed canna a 7ml and canna b 7ml and canna calmg 7ml in 10liters of water...ph is 6.5. Seeds are in pots and i have added the canna.water mix to the pots. This 10l of water should be from week 2-4.

i think i may have added the nutes too early and i should just added normal water...?

2. 6 day...lsd on the right has sprouted very quickly...

Attached Files:

3. Didnt work out...kept dieing

So i right im just growing them outdoors in my garden in coco coir...so far its ok....

Not sure what to do next

Attached Files:

4. How often are you feeding? Lighting shouldn't be a huge issue given they're autos though I would recommend supplimenting the lights as much as possible as the more light they receive the more photosynthesis happens allowing them to grow. Even if you leave them outside, try hang your cfl like 5cm above them.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The lime green is probably due to them being hungry. You said you're ph'ing the nute mix? I would feed at half strength and ph to about 6. If your strip/solution is yellow you're good.

Also, how are you mixing your nute mix? And what are the temps like where you are?

6. I have not been giving any nutes...im justing giving plain water from tap lol.
    And leaving it in the garden outdoors.

Do you think i should put it under cfl?
    Someone told me that once the bottom leaves die then i should feed them as they carry nutes ?

Temp is around 18 to 25

7. Trying to zoom in on the pic with no luck but is that plant crowning already?

8. What do you mean crowning?

9. That's why they're fucking out. Coco is an inert mixture meaning that it retains basically no nutes. It's imperative that you feed on the daily. Also, if you're watering straight from the tap your ph is probably way too high causing certain nutes to be locked out.

FYI, mixing A and B is chilled but completely disolve part B before adding part A and then test your ph. Adjust it to 6 and then feed. Nutes keep for about a week provided you keep them out of direct sunlight so you can spend a bit of time and make enough for a week in one go. Also always water to about 15-20% runoff

I would most defs put it back under the cfl and try get hold of some mylar to reflect as much of the light as possible back at the plant.

10. Crowning is the start of flowering.

11. Also don't give up on them man, they're amazingly resilient plants and can bounce back really well if you can figure out what's bogging them down

12. wow...ok ill add canna a and b at small amounts.
    i dont know if i should place it indoors as they keep dieing in there lol.

Im trying not to kill them bro as i have killed 8 seeds already by growing indoors!!!

13. If you put them indoors you will HAVE to add the cfl or they will die. If you're having doubts about the feeding part check out the hydroponics section on this forum and you'll see that coco is a sub catagory. I'm currently vegging 6 photoperiods, all in coco perlite and I've been feeding every single day from sprout. The opposite end of what you're experiencing would most likely show as 'the claw' which is a nitrogen toxicity sign. The leaves go really dark and start clawing downwards. If you start seeing that or burnt edges on your leaves then you know you're over feeding and then you can dial it back a notch.

If you follow those guidelines and there is enough air movement around your plants there is no reason (that I can see) that they shouldn't at the very least show a vaaaast improvement. I'm no expert but I have been given quiet a few learning curves to master with my last coco perlite grow.

Also, as a side note, seedlings prefer slightly warmer temps and a higher humidity. 25-28°c and about 60% humidity

14. Can you explain in some detail what happened to the plants before they died? Like what did they look like, start doing etc

15. they grew normally but couldnt get to the flowering stage...leaves became droopy maybe over watering no drainage i evem had fan on but no fresh air intake. i had no idea but i think these autos like the outside enviroment more.

16. I will start adding canna A and B at quarter strength... from the pic i attached above the bottom leaves which carry the nuted are trying yellow...does this mean they are ready to fall off and then to begin the nutes?

17. I will start adding canna A and B at quarter strength... from the pic i attached above the bottom leaves which carry the nuted are trying yellow...does this mean they are ready to fall off and then to begin the nutes?

18. Air intake isn't anywhere near as important as the exhaust. Most grows utilise a passive intake meaning that there is no fan pulling air in, only a hole on the bottom and an extraction fan on the top. This creates a negative air pressure which in turn creates air movement through your grow space. If you didn't have drainage then there's your next problem. Runoff to 20% allows excess unused nutes to leave the grow media and also brings in oxygen to your roots. Perlite aids in drainage that's why we mix it with coco.

19. The two yellow leaves at the bottom are the cotelydon leaves and they're supposed to die off. Don't stress about that. Just make sure you feed them every day in the correct ph range and try give them 18 hours a day under your cfl. You can put a fan on them as well if you like, it'll strengthen the stems making bud support in the future less of a hassle.