Auto-hempy?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kemwer, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I've been wanting to grow off and on (mostly b/c I can't find mids and this fire is burning right through my unemployed bank account :() and I finally went and bought something I think I can turn into a good cab.

My question is about reservoir contents for hydro setups. I want to have a tray full of micro-sog plants in hempy bucket style gatorade bottle. Rather than try to keep them all individually fed, I thought I could put a res under the tray and pump water up to the grow tray. This way I'd be filling the tray 2" for all the plants at once. Could I keep my nutes at a 25% or 50% mix the whole time without burning babies/starving teens? I'd like to setup a perpetual harvest so they would be at different points in the flowering cycle all the time.

2. bump for the evening crowd.

3. Or you could run a drip-feed line to each of your pots from a small pump in your main rez. Do a test watering and time how long the drip feed runs before water comes out the overflow hole in each pot. Then put the pump on a timer that will run the pump automatically just the right length of time for the days you water/feed. For a perpetual harvest, you'd prolly have to have separate reservoirs, each with a different nute mix.

4. That's an interesting idea. Do drip systems get clogged a lot?

5. I suppose if you used some fancy adjustable drip heads they might clog. But to duplicate the effect of hand-watering a hempy bucket, all you'd want is a small pump with bare hose to each bucket which wouldn't easily clog. The timer takes care of when and how much - not the drip head.

6. Oh, so you're saying to use a similar set up as flooding the tray, but get a multi-hose pump and have each hose hit one plant?

7. Yeah, essentially just an automatic watering system.