Auto Haze - First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jointrolling, May 15, 2011.

1. #21 FitStoner, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Alright, your soil is shit. Change it and you will see a increase in growth.

2. DAY 42

Not much to update. Most of the leaves have grown bigger and theres a lot of pistils but you don't really notice them. Lola does look healthier though but that applies mostly to the newer leaves.
    I'm planning on giving more nutes soon but I'm going for a very weak strength, like 1/5. Don't want to risk anything again.
    I'm hoping that Lola keeps on growing a bit longer than the estimated growth time. I guess Lola is a late bloomer or got stressed by my mistakes(or both). At this age most autos i've looked at all have the buds already forming or covered with a ton of pistils.
    I took some pictures but there won't be a big difference from the last update.
    IMAG0142.jpg

Attached Files:

3. No my soil aint shit. Thanks for mentioning it twice. I'm not saying its the best but it works nicely. I just bought it from a smaller store which specializes on their own brands(i think). And are you trying to tell me to transplant Lola at her age. You know how much stress that would cause?? She's already had a tough time growing up.:( Anyways the salt is from a nute buildup.

Thanks for the advice though. I like other peoples opinions, even though they're about shit.

4. If anyone is reading, I need HELP. Lola is DYING, not really but her leaves are getting dried brown spots on them and turning yellow and dry.
    Symptoms: Discoloring into yellow, tip gets dry brown/gray, brown spots appear
    I haven't fed any nutes, the temperature hasn't changed and my waters pH is the same, about 6-7.
    What's causing this?
    I looked it up myself and it seems to be a pH problem and it probably is from nutes building up from the last time she got a nute burn. Ever since the nute burn some leaves grow twisted and thats listed as a symptom too.
    Anyways, what do YOU think?
    Pictures:
    IMAG0200.jpg

Thanks for any positive input!!

Attached Files:

5. Hey man stopping back into your thread again. You have nut burn and on top of that your yellowing of leaves is due to the magnesium locked out. Your Ph is probably to low.You can add MG in your water by using Epson salt about 1tsbp .

You should probably listen to me and transplant your plant into a bigger pot with better soil. My Haze is only on day 28 and I have over 20 bud sites.

6. Yeah, I figured that I probably have nute burn from previous nutes in the soil.
    Do regular stores have epsom salt?

Thanks man, I will use your advice for my next grow. I think its just too late now. I also had a bunch of setbacks but if grown properly the haze auto seems like it would get many bud sites.

7. Yeah go to Wally world they have it

8. #28 DeathHund, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
    Hey man. Your plant looks like it had a rough way of it when it was young. But it will still reward you with some buds if you take care of it.

Your problem is probably over ferting. Miracle Grow will work for weed, in fact I used it with great success in many outdoor grows. FF is better, but not the best, and here is a lot of FF fanboys.

Your condition also could be interveinal chlorosis, which is a Nitrogen deficeiency, but I doubt it if you are using MG with ferts.

MG has little capsules in it full of veg nutes that bust when you water. Enough nutes to sustain a rose bush for 6-9 months. Everytime you water them you release more nutes. The solution to your problem will be to flush with a large amount of water. I mean large enough to bust all the capsules and carry the nutes out of the soil. Flush, and flush and flush some more.

Then transplant to any organic soil you can get your hands on, it's not as important as people will have you beleive. FF has nutes in it as well as MG, but it's nutes come from natural sources. I want my soil to have zero nutes, so I have control over them.

Just care for her the best you can, and do some more research next time around man.

EDIT: Forget transplanting, it's an auto and you've come to far. Just flush it realllly good, then hope for the best.

9. Thanks for stopping by.
    Yeah Lola has had a tough life but as long as I get any amount of bud it will be worth it. I'm still learnin anyways.
    So, I have started flushing each watering now. It probably is just the ferts that have built up especially when she got a nute burn very early on.
    I guess I started researching a little too late but I learned my lesson now.:D

10. You don't want to do it every watering man. You'll flush out beneficial bacteria and fungus. Once or twice should be just fine.

MJ is a hardy plant, you'll be surprised at how it will bounce back. Live and learn my man.

11. Oh shit haha. Thanks for telling me.
    I've flushed twice now so I think I'm good.

12. Yea man your fine. Just give it a few days, it will improve. Some of the badly damaged leaves will fall off, don't be alarmed. You can take scissors and clip off some of the tips of the damaged leaves as well, I think it helps. I was in your shoes once with MG soil. If you barely ever water it's ok. But if you water alot, you nuke them.

You'll be fine man. :smoke:

13. Thanks for the positive feedback man. Lola's already improving. The undamaged leaves are all looking nice and green.

14. #34 jointrolling, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    Day 52

Now I'm really worried about the lack of buds on Lola. She has pistils but no buds have formed.
    I guess I have until day 80 for buds, but the pictures I have seen of the haze auto all have buds by this stage.
    Not only are there no buds, but Lola's pistils have already started turning brown/orange.
    Even though you shouldnt tell harvest time by the pistil colors, I thought it only happens close to harvest time.

Besides that, Lola looks healthy if you don't look at the yellow leaves. The rest are a nice green shade.
    There are also a bunch of tiny bud sites(no buds though, just pistils:().
    Here are pictures as usual and you might notice a better quality. I found my old digital camera, not the best but much better than my phone. :D
    DSC09001.jpg
    You can see the brown pistils better in this picture:
    DSC09019.jpg
    This picture is from the one of the smaller bud sites:
    DSC08937.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Switch your lights to 12/12

16. #36 DeathHund, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    Do NOT switch your lights to 12/12.

This is an auto FitStoner, it flowers on age, not photoperiod. Switching to 12's will shock it and hinder it's growth. They can take 24/0 the whole life, I keep mine on 20/4.

Your plant is coming along nicely man, told ya it would recover, see she's already started to make buds for you. I would trim the tips of the damaged leaves off though.

Keep up the good work.:wave:

17. My Auto Haze is on 12/12 and flowering nicely. Some autos have problems switching into flowering. The plant has been vegging for awhile now, might awell put it into flower and switch it back to 24/0 later.

18. I never heard of anyone doing it. It's counterproductive.

19. I will have to agree with deathhund on this one. Fitstoner is right though, I have read that some people had to switch to 12/12 to flower because they had a bad auto seed.
    But Lola is producing buds even though it's a bit late.
    I keep her on 20/4. 24/0 seems extreme, I think the dark period is important.
    Anyways, thanks for the input.

If I want to trim the dead leaves, can I just use a scissor and cut them off or cut the tips off? How far should I cut? (Sorry, just scared of harming my plant:D)

20. Not really, I have non autos in my tent. My Auto haze is coming along a lot quicker, which is perfect because I need some bud for my personal stash. While my big girls grow up big and tall.

It's really up to the grower but the auto haze is a 80 day strain. So a shorter cycle for me from 80 to what ever it takes. 80 days is way to long to have a auto really, most autos are closer to 60 days.

It's up to you man, I just putting in my 2buds. I have autos on 12/12 and there flowering and got some small buds so can't be that bad.