Auto Flowering ???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bud E Josh, Jul 12, 2010.

1. hello people i just found out about the auto floweing and im thinking i wana try it but i dont get how they work when u buy a pack of lets say 10 do you need to know the males from females or do you just plant any and they will bud ? plz help also do i need to cure the auto seeds ?:confused:

2. Auto's flower under any light conditions, so you can throw more energy at them. They also have a short life span, usually not longer than 90 days from seed to harvest, sometimes as short as 60 days.

The downside to auto-flowering is that unless the seeds are fem'd (and even then) you are going to get male plants that need to be removed. Also, Autoflower plants are not clone-able, so you are forever a customer to your seedbank unless you breed some yourself.

Personally I think normal weed is just fine. I run a 12/12 schedule, they flower when I say so. I really don't see the need to run an auto-flower indoors. For the increase in energy you can give to them you lose the vegetative period, so it's a wash. With all things being equal, standard cannabis is superior quality.

3. I had a jack herer plant auto flower on me under 18/6 lighting.. was weird. None of her sisters did, just the 1 out of 6.

4. Yea...You can buy regular seeds that are male and females gender and pollenate the first crop so you will have plenty of seed for future grows. You will have to cull the males at each grow.
    You can also buy feminized seed...A little spendy but ok if your not doing a continuing grow and want to experiment with auto.

5. i agree with snow crash...non auto flowering strains are far superior........way better quality...less pron to genetic fuck ups...i will wait a little longer for the genes to get smothed out...with non auto you can flower at any time you want anyway so why mess with low yeild and mid quality smoke...cant clone...whats the upside:confused:

6. just like regular seeds, just they respond to age instead of photoperiod.

and why do people get autos and females confused.. all seeds (UNLESS SPECIFIED FEMINIZED!!!!!!!) have males AND females in em ....

wharf

7. they are fun .. U ever grown one?

8. so if i want autos and i just want them to bud i need a male and a female ?? o and i wana grow autos cuz i need the stealth and dont have mouch room + i never grown b4

9. I don't understand why auto-flowering plants get such negative feed-back. I've read about some that have been genetically enginered to be as potent as their original strains. If you pay $10 or $15 a seed, and yield about an ounce per seed, that's pretty good in my book.

10. I don't know if it has anything to do with the misconception but the majority of seedbanks only sell feminized auto seeds, and they are a bit pricey. Seems that they don't want people cloning or growing their own seed either. It's all about the money I suppose.

11. Regular auto seeds have male and female seeds the same as all MJ seeds. The first crop(reg seeds)the males will pollenate the females, this is where you get seeds for future crops because autos can't be cloned. Just let them finish out and harvest the seeds. The buds will be smokable but, the potentcy will be low as well as the smokable yield.
    All crops grown after that you will want to get rid of the male plants and continue with the females for better quality smoke and yield.
    If you don't mind spending money on seeds get the feminized seed. The plants will all be females with no seed production.
    Auto flowering strains start flowering about three weeks after planting and finish up in 60 days or, so without changing the light cycle. Normal light cycle are 18/6 and 24/0.

Their is nothing wrong with autos. The smoke can be just as potent because of better cross breeding between strains.

Is good for small grow areas for fast turn around between crops and not having to worry about light cycle....Basicly the plants just auto do their thing from start to finish!. All you do is feed, water and care.

12. It seems like you should research more on how marijuanna plants work.

13. not sayin' they dont have their place....just ordered some budda red dwarf. and some lowryder/diesel ryder from the tude:hello:..its all fun to grow......just i'm kinda a new grower and their are so many super strains i want to try first....was just the semi lazy tone of the question i guess...i work my grows...hard...and expect good results...didn't mean to come off like an ass...i used to chef.....theres a million ways to cook killer food:smoke: