auto-flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gogetter84, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ok i have small grow space so i was going to order some lowryder #2 seed and since they are auto-flowering just wondering what type of light to use 6500k or 2700k or both i dont know some advice would realy help me out

2. 6500k is for vegging. With flowering you want to switch to 2700k.

Remember to keep your lights as close to your plants as you can without feeling heat close to the plants.

3. IMO - You can use an HPS light for the entire life cycle of the plant with excellent results.

I use Hortilux Super HPS EN Lamp.

4. thanx for info i will be usein 4 42watt 6500k cfls for 1 plant u guys think this is enough

5. 42w actual I assume?

If yes, thats fine for a lowryder. You wanna aim for 5000 lumens or so.

Rep appreciated :)

6. yea there 42 actual watts. so will 4 42 actual watt 2700k be ok for flowering or should i go to hps for just one lowryder?

7. Just CFL it for a budget in my opinion.

8. yea tight budget maybe try to pick up cheap 150watt hps thanks for help everyone. any cheap places to get hps light + lamp?

9. check lowes/home depot. they have sales all the time which you may be able to get for under $40 for a 150 watt. if not theyre $75 on amazon.com.

10. I'm growing Lowrider 2 for the first time using the Aerogarden Veggie pro. Not real sure about the lights, probably 5000k. I go some 2700k cfl's to supplement the flowering phase. I am 30 days into it growing one and planting another every month (today). Im not real sure how this will all turn out but its a fun process and so far seems to be working out ok. pics here Taurus907 Gallery - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    or use the photo link in my profile.

11. doesnt really matter witch one either way it will auto flower just if you use the more powerfull light dont keep it to close to the plant it will get heat stress.

12. With an autoflower, you can and should use both 2700 and 6500k lights. I like to go a little heavier on 6500k for the first 2-3 weeks, then switch to primarily 2700k for the remainder. And with CFLs, the more the merrier!