auto flower wont flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by burchie, Apr 28, 2013.

1. #1 burchie, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    hey guys ordered some auto feminized northern lights & been growing for about 6weeks still no sign of flowering. should they have started by now? were using 2x 200w fluro + 2x 130w on 3 plants.
    one is geting really big wondering if i should try a 12/12 cycle to kick start the flowering phase before it out grows the tent.have added koolbloom nutrient to try kick start the process...? if anyone can help with what we should do ill attatch some picks so yous can get a better idea.

also my ec meter is reading 1.3 x 10 is this really high? what should i do to get it down without a filter.

Attached Files:

2. Sometimes autos need to switch to 12/12 to kick it into flowering.

3. #3 loki125, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    ^^^^ defo this.. they do a super lemon haze that is an auto but you have to switch it over to 12/12 or it may not flower..... sooo not an auto but sold as an auto lol tho if you gotta go 12/12 your saving money :)

autos flower around day21 they look healthy but not auto

4. Yeah will have to do that if nothing happens in a week or so.. So you guys think not auto. Both those plants were planted at same time one has gone crazy. Any help with the ec reading. Its way to high after adding nutes.

5. When did they first pop?

6. First sprouted 17 march still growing! Thought if they were auto they would be into budding stage. Do autos get as big as this? Anyone grown them before?

7. mine started flowering at 21 days

8. With Loki, doesn't look auto, save some energy and go to 12's

9. with ya ec i can only sugest buying ro water from a pet store that sells fish normally 50p a gallon and it has nothing but h2o tds is 0 and ph is bang on 7

10. Any idea on the supposed veg stage for this strain, I haven't grown it but just googled and flower is 7-9 weeks, what did it say when you bought seeds?

11. veg time is about 4 - 8 weeks i think it said..thanks for all the info im goin attatch another pick do you guys think this is pre flower pistols or is it just signs of sex.

12. 4-8weeks plus 7-8 for flower what... autos have a lifespan of about 11weeks seems bit long for an auto they meny to have virtuly no veg time there pretty much seedling tiny bit of veg then flower

13. #13 burchie, Apr 29, 2013
    yeah 4 - 8 weeks he asked how long veg stage are suppost to be.. Yeah think we got screwed with these autos.
    Anyone looked at the pics of stem & know what those lil pistols are?

14. #14 loki125, Apr 29, 2013
    cant see pic yet.. wait till we see but id flick to 12/12 and see what she does sone photo plants dont veg that long haha what seed bank idid you get from send an email some might be good

15. #15 loki125, Apr 29, 2013
    prob some guy wondering why his plants have auto flowered maybe a mix up

16. #16 loki125, Apr 29, 2013
    oh your first pic there not pistels tgere stipules think thats the spelling thats not flowers. pistels come fron cylax google it :)

sorry if my spellings bad dylexic and my key board on phone is tiny

17. i saw the post beofre you deleteed haha you might have lol oh well get some pics of the top and the stems near the tops or anything yoh feel might be flowers if there nothing can you remind us exactly the day you saw a sprout cause in sure most autos are flowering in 3 weeks tjonits been heard of that some just to auto flower and 12/12 will kick it in to flower but not sure once its in flower if you can bring the lights up again ??? email dutch seeds

18. Oh thanks for that info ill search more into that. So the ec reading x10 does anyone else get that and just leave it or what do yous do.

19. #19 loki125, Apr 29, 2013
    is that out the tap or run off??

ec is comparable to tds which i understand more from owning marine fish you can use a poly filter and carbon filter sponge to remove some tds ( total dissolved solids ) which could be anything in the water the way to get zero tds or low ec is to use ro water not sure where you live but if you find a fish store you can buy ro water cheaper than bottled water and the tds will only go up if you add anything like neutes

or buy an ro filter they range in price but keep in mind every 4 gallons of water will produce 1gallon on ro water so hopebya not on a meter if not just buy a few gallons from a store aerate it at home and use as you need it just gotta keep it aerated and cover it and it will be fine :)