Auto Flower Resource Thread...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by maulcoy, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hey all! Thanks for the info from all of you so far.
    Am an old time smoker and decided to grow some auto's because a friend told me they are the easiest to start off with and can get a good yield without much cost. Am growing 2x White Dwarf and 1x Il Diavolo. All are from Attitude Seed Bank. Am using a tiny closet because stealth is a factor. Will probably end up growing just 2 of them and give 1 of my dwarfs to a friend of mine. Currently have:
    -All purpose organic soil
    -1x 45w cfl 2700k (3000 lumens)
    -1x 45w cfl 6500k (3000 lumens)
    Am only going to grow 2 plants so is this enough light for 2 plants? Consider that they are smaller-than-average plants and the grow space is tiny (about 1.5sqft). What do you all think? I planted the germinated seeds on Saturday and the seedlings are going pretty nicely I think. Thanks for the auto thread, great resource for a newbie grower such as myself.

2. I hear ATTITUDE SEEDBANK Cannabis Seeds is the place to go. I have gone through Marijuana Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds before but I'm not so sure the seeds would have been as quality as attitude (I had a bunch of problems but I also have heard about mix ups with seeds so maybe I could have been one of them?) Anyways this time I ordered from attitude (the first link). They have a good reputation from what I have read.

3. #83 maulcoy, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
    I suggest Attitude Seeds.You can get you package guaranteed for about $10.They give freebies with every order & if you use the code 420 you will get a 15% or 20% discount.I have used them 3 times in the past year and got my beans every time.

If you start a grow journal please link it to this thread.:wave:

4. #84 yoctown, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    Grow 1. I don't think you can comfortably fit 2 of those in 1 gallon pots (which would be the minimum size I would recommend if you are looking for yield). Also the amount of light is directly going to effect your yield. Less light less yield.... Make sure you switch both to 2700k during flowering.

Its only 10% unfortunately but yep at least enter 420 and get that 10%. I read 15% elsewhere too till I did the math myself.

5. Add two more bulbs of the same and you will have enough for 2 plants.I figure 100w per plant with cfls.Some say 100w the 1st plant then 50w each additional plant.That rule is really for HPS or MH lights not cfls.

6. #86 yoctown, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    Good advice. Think you missed space being an issue. 1.5 sq ft isn't anything. I would personally go with a 3 gallon pot and do 1 plant in that space. Or use a bigger space.

Edit: Wow most of the white dwarfs are tiny. I saw one guy had one fill out but maybe he does have room for 2.

7. Sweet. Thanks. I reckon I will stick with just the il Diavolo. Better yield and better resistance to certain moulds. So 1 plant, 3 gallon pot and the light I have at the moment is enough you reckon? Cheers. Will post my progress in a sec

8. Have just measured my grow space and it is just over 2sqft. Still tiny just not that tiny

9. #89 maulcoy, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
    200w for 2sq ft............More light the better with cfls or any light for that matter.

10. Thx dude, I will for sure.

11. I'm going to be posting Auto Strains all day to day.The info comes from attitude seeds.I have already done Lowryder 1 & 2.

If you want a certain strain posted just ask for it.I plan on putting any strains I can find on this thread until all known strains are covered.

12. Here are the pics from my white dwarf and il diavolo from yesterday and today. Will try and keep up throughout the grow. All looking ok? Am already loving the process; I have a great passion for cannabis and want to treat it right.

Attached Files:

13. Lowryder Diesel Ryder

from the Joint Doctor is a potent, extremely resinous and tasty auto-flowering plant. It is an inbred cross of Soma’s New York City Diesel and Lowryder #2. This strain usually produces one main cola with less branching than Lowryder or Lowryder #2. Unlike most other Lowryder hybrids created by amateurs, this strain has been worked on by the Joint Doctor and mastered over the course of some years to ensure the perfect hybrid that maintains the excellent taste and effect of NYC Diesel whilst taking the auto-flowering genetics. Typical of the Joint Doctor’s strains, Lowryder Diesel Ryder flowers automatically at 3 to 4 weeks and finishes in 8 to 9 from seed. A small proportion of this strain will grow significantly taller than other individuals. This is a good choice for closets and small indoor set-ups, though it should be noted that a powerful pungent aroma comes from the plants during flowering.

14. 3 gallon pots will be more than enough, I use 2 gal. And they don't fill that up, and still average around a oz. A plant. And if I were you I would use 2700k right off the bat. Autos start flowering between 15-20 days usually unless you get a retarded batch like I have before... Not really worth wasting the money on the extra bulbs IMO. My last run I did 10 autos under a 600 watt hps and 5 well were retarded and didn't start flowering when the other 5 were already a couple weeks in and had to kill them because my grow time was crunched as is. Still ended up with 4.5 oz off 5.

15. Aint they cute.Almost as tall as my 5 week old seed females.LOL:D

16. Go with the 2700s if height is an issue if not give em some blue light and red the 1st 3 weeks.This will increase yield at the end.

17. Il diavolo (mine was a freebie also) has so little info from growers, so am very intrigued to see how she gets on. I think I will stick with 2 plants for the next week or so. I can then decide which is growing better and give one of them away to my mate. Surely a ruderalis cross can't require as much light throughout growing as a monster sativa? I suppose the more the light the better, but there has to be a point where it isn't worth it for the extra growth?

18. Your point of deminishing returns is right around 200 total watts of cfl.You have plenty right now for the 1st week but you need to double it by day 15-20.

19. life Automatic AK47 Autoflowering

is the new wave of auto-flowering hybrids. This was our first foray into the auto-flowering world and still our favourite. Crossing the very best AK47 we could find with the auto-flowering genes of Lowryder, we have produced a strain that is the perfect blend of the two. Everything that we loved about the AK47 has been left intact from its beautiful aroma and resin encrusted buds through to its unique bud structure and astonishing potency. The cross with Lowryder means that now it can be grown virtually anywhere. Balconies, patios, window boxes, indoors or outdoors, connoisseur grade marijuana is now attainable for every grower. Auto-flowering strains flower in response to age rather than light cycle. Automatic AK47 will grow vegetatively for approximately 14 days then enter into a rapid, almost violent flowering period. For the next 56 days they will branch out profusely, throw out pistils in their thousands, calyxes will swell and a coating of resin glands will make the mature plant glisten as if dusted with fine diamonds. Odour levels are quite high and a large quantity of flowering females can certainly produce quite an aroma. There are 2 distinct variations in aroma, one is somewhat spicy and the other is sweet but both types produce the same effect. Previously, especially in the northern hemisphere, the average grower was limited to the strains one could grow successfully. Now with Automatic AK47 you can grow marijuana that before, many would have no chance of fully ripening under natural outdoor conditions. With a lifespan of a mere 70 days from cannabis seed to harvest it is not only possible to get an early harvest of high quality marijuana but multiple harvests per season. Indoors, a perpetual harvest has never been easier to maintain. The increased height compared to earlier auto-flowering strains brings with it increased yield. Indoors under lights is the optimum growing environment for Automatic AK47, coupled with a light regime of 20/4 and adequate root space, yield can easily surpass 40g per plant but even outdoors with no supplemental lighting during summer, 30g per plant is very common. We believe that our Automatic AK47 is the most potent auto-flowering hybrid available as well as the heaviest yielder.

20. Thanks, man. Will double then. Just out of interest, what are your favourite autos? There seems to be a lot on a few select autos but many strains seem to be ignored.