Auto diesel haze probs heat or ph?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Loft rider, Aug 20, 2016.

1. I'm growing 4 white diesel haze auto gems from white label in some quality sterilised loom organic soil from garden store. I'm running 400w air cooled power plant hood with 1500w box fan but its hot at the mo ( hitting 38 in my loft and 27-30 in grow room. The two in question are 2-1/2 weeks old and have been given plant magic catalyst at 1ml /ltr .Yesterday I gave them a little feed of canna vega at .25/ ml. Today I've noticed some yellowing spots on fan leaves and for the last week (heatwave) the leaves have curled up with heat damage. Ph is constant 6.5-7. I think I've over done on nutes as it's organic soil plus the heat damage. As its auto will this recover in time for flower?

Attached Files:

2. Here she is

Attached Files:

3. "Look likes she has been rode hard and put to bed wet. " I'd say flush her and read/test your run off. As for the heat do you have any way of bring in another source of fresh air, and expelling it elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ph is reading 7 and I'm dragging air through airing cupboard on landing into loft through fan then split into two feeds one for hood and one for fresh air ...the hood is ducted out to eves and I've a 4" fan taking air out of top of grow room also have 5" desk fan angled up and a 12" oscillating fan I did turn it up to 600w for two days but .... Well u can see

5. I'm regretting a loft grow haha

6. First off, no baby plant needs feed. There is plenty in the soil to take care of it until it's well rooted in and established. White Widow is a strain that can take heat well...I grow it here in the SE US with all our heat and humidity. But considering the heat in an attic where I live, no way that would work here. You've got to keep the temps within a reasonable range, even with a strain that can take it. You're using the hottest light out there to grow with anyway. You should be vegging with CFLs. Since they are much much cooler than hps. HPS is used for flower and not typically for the veg cycle anyway. You need to do a bunch of reading about how to do this. Heat is one thing that will kill every plant if it gets too high. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you kindly, the heat doesn't get over 30c much. But as for lighting I made the mistake of giving too much I've now turned down to 250w ✌

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just thought I would educate you a little as to prevent you from spreading incorrect information further. In the autoflower world it is very common to use HPS from sprout to harvest. Growers building custom Cree COB fixtures run either 3000K or 3500K COBs, again used for the whole grow. Maybe you should do a little reading as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. What is you watering plan? While autos do like a little less watering than a standard boring photoperiod plant does your soil looks bone dry. What is the humidity level in your grow room? I agree 30c is only 86F and not really that high but when mixed with low humidity will cause problems. Also your light seems very low to your pots.

Nice set up you have going . Once you get it dialed in it should work very nice for you.

10. I always leave it to get quite dry, I have watered today and will leave to dry out. Obviously it's only my second grow and is a new set up so will take time to get right. The humidity always hovers around 50/60. I think I need an a/c unit but I wouldn't be able to stretch to one this time round. Thank you kindly

11. Here the first one I grew I started with three haha

Attached Files:

12. if its a fairly small area, an a/c unit is on rollback at walmart 112 bucks 5000 btu, it keeps my room cool and i run 1000w HPS

13. it lets a little light in tho u have to cover it, a nice black blanket i'd just use some velcro strips...

14. I'm in the uk our Walmart don't sell them unfortunately. My room is 1.2 m high .9 long ..9 wide. Think what you've got would be suitable for my space?