Auto Amnesia Seedsman DWC LST LED CFL (Alphabet Soup)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Criard1, Jan 30, 2019.

1. You can hit but full spectrum lights are still better. Thats just not arguable.

2. Do You mean yours isn't great genetics or all seedsmans hybrids ??

3. I think the most shit they get is for advertising 2000w and actualy pulling 240w if they was so great I dont know why they claim 2000w and blatently put actual watt hidden away in small print HPS mh and cfl claim 400 600 1000w and is exactly what you get I just dont understand why they put stupid numbers trying catch out new growers but that's just my opinion about them

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don't know about all of them but what I have now is not something over the top. Amazing flowers everything is great but there is still better breeders and genetics out there. Thats what I ment to say. Mine were freebies so I can't say anything bad, good genetics but not great. I guess price is low so it makes up for it.

5. Ive run allot of seedsman genetics as far and been heavily pleased with them and for the price they are a great buy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ahh the stupid numbers i can explain that ok so take mars as i know them altho latest ones they state true watta now but the mars2 so the 400w techniclly was 400w if you could run the leds at 100% it had 80 5w leds but only ran them at 2.5w cause some leds powered past 62% actully start to put out more heat compared to light

So some companys put these excess wattages as thats likely the 100% powered.
    Now they only put drivers in that power it to what there wantimg to powef it too

The ones that clain 2000w but use 200w thats just crazy. I dunno how thatvwould work only poweri g a 5w led to .5w it would loom dull im sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. I find seedsman is hit or miss some strains are grest others not so great

8. Well actully hps use more than stated the bulb puts out 600w say but it doesnt mention what the ballast uses

Same for cfl but reverse
    They state the ballast and the light wattage so you get less light wattage from cfl

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. T
    Just for that reason alone I know why people
    As soon as Chinese started making stupid claims instead of just information being true and honest in plain English if it draws 200w fine but 2000w claims are ludicrous and you must be able to understand why ppl vent about them

10. I have a custom Mars II 900 no switches on it, all LED's are own, it's not a blurple but more a warm white, and the IR's well you can't see em', hence the custom spectrum.
    Now this thing produces a lot of heat, is heavy as hell to hang from a tent and produces buds about like a 400 watt HPS.
    Not hardly the heat as a 400 but damn close.
    So far, with me, the Mars lineup are the best LED's on the market.
    I've just bought some QB's, and am now running an experiment to see how they hang with 600 HPS. So far I'm impressed with the lights, but I'm only at like day 12 or so from the flip using very well rooted clones.

11. Have you a documented grow on that 1.5 GPW and didn't veg for months and months?

12. #32 loki125, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    No they were auto so i cant veg for months and months

13. Hey now can we get back on subject please?

Found some foamy stuff in the res this morning. No funky smell or anything, just a bunch of foam on the roots and floating on top of the res. Didnt have much time to sit and research what it means before work so I did a quick res dump and refill.
    Could it just be the Great White bacteria being happy?
    IMG_20190213_085211_01.jpg

14. Yeah more than likely orgaincs and bubbling air can get foamy as there l9ving that air and moisture is like an accelerator for them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ahh bad form! I screwed up :(
    Tightened down my LST tie on the main stem yesterday and apparently it was too tight or the plant grew more aggressively than I expected. Regardless I found this today, the stem was completely broken and barely hanging on.
    So much for LST and not making the plant waste energy on healing from topping. I'm pissed.
    IMG_20190217_205752610.jpg

16. #36 Criard1, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Silver lining?

When I noticed the withered broken top hanging by a thread yesterday, I decided to fresh clip the bottom of the decapitated top (if you will) and tossed it in the res bucket.
    Checked on it an hour later and it perked right up! So today after work I stopped at the store and grabbed another pump and airstone and made a mini cloning bucket.

So far so good! I guess we'll find out what happens when you clone an auto?

Attached Files:

17. It should end up with the same clock as the mother and finish at the same time. Just missing out on most of the veg will make it small.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

18. Oh cloned autos just dont work same time line as mother but no time for roots to grow well enough. Autos can be cloned but never has it got any decent yeild

19. #39 Criard1, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Day 55 now I'm not mistaken.

Taking to LST and accidental topping very well and bushing out nicely. Roots are ridiculously big. Aaand it looks like we're definitely starting to flower, so I upped the ratio of bloom in my nutes mix.

And after about 10 days in its bubbler, the cloned top is starting to put out roots. I'm wondering what it will be able to do, and if I might just be better off pulling the plug on it and putting it's airstone in the main res for extra aeration...
    IMG_20190302_033436624.jpg IMG_20190305_105756656.jpg IMG_20190301_211754855_HDR.jpg IMG_20190301_231556672.jpg

20. Wow! Huge root ball! I'm going to try DWC soon. I have everything but a ppm and pH pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk