Auto AK-47 container grow, 7 Dwarf Colossus, Samsara Ultraviolet and Chaze superauto

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Farmer Jon, Jul 2, 2016.

1. This season the first 2 seeds that I placed into containers on my deck were Auto AK-47 fems from Canuk seeds. I started them inside under lamps in a nice little space in my basement. They are exactly 8 weeks and 1 day old and are pretty much ready for harvest. This is the 1st time I started my plants indoors under CFL lights and I am continuing to do so as it resulted in stronger and better developed plants by the time they were placed outdoors. So far I raised all auto-flowering plants, therefore they were all started in the containers they would finish in. I have used only distilled water and I have used the combination of nutrients in the General Organics Go Box. This is the second year I have used these nutrients with success.

The sprouted AK seedlings were placed into soil May 5 2016 (Cinco de Mayo!). Each pot was equipped with 2-2700 lumen CFL bulbs with small circular reflectors, on a 20 hour on 4 hour off schedule. They were moved outside on 05/25/16 and were each 3.5" tall. With good weather came rapid growth and right now the AK-47s are 34.5 and 31 inches respectively. They began to flower about June 10 and they are both covered with a nice array of very skunky smelling buds. The slightly smaller plant has a very thick main cola topped with swollen buds with some red hairs woven into them. I have been scoping the trichomes and they are mostly clear with a small percentage cloudy. There are just a few white pistils left and I think I will cultivate these plants very soon.

I also have a 7 dwarf Colossus that is about 35 days old and is flowering and a Samsarra Ultraviolet about the same age also in flowering stage. They are well developed and I am very excited because they both have several weeks to go and they already have a significant number of healthy buds in rapid growth mode. I will write about those 2 next, time to go get buzzed. Then I'll write about my Chaze Super-Autos. Anybody else growing these varieties this season?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Try a normal strain next time and do the same...start the plant early indoor and then put it out and take it through the entire growing season. If you do it right, the yields are awesome because you just can't beat the sun as your light source. Congrats on the autos. They seem to be less unpredictable when grow outside for some reason. Maybe it's just having someone grow them who can do it right in the beginning, but they don't seem to deal well with stress. We grew of 4 clones last year on our deck in 5 gallon buckets...that's what they flowered in, but we get right around 5 lbs after harvest and cure off 4 plants. We didn't even put them outside until mid June either. If I had went ahead and gotten them out earlier, it would've been even better. But congrats on your success. TWW

3. I'm growing the Jamaican berry superauto

Purple Auto Grow Shared Bed Organic
    No till 15 gallon pot auto grow
    24x24x36 auto grow tent
    6 autoflowering and 3 regular seed

4. Nice to hear from goodgrace87 again, look forward to hearing about the Jamaican Berry experience. Took her advice from last year about obtaining an inexpensive scope to check the trichomes. I harvested my AK-47 auto flowers 2 days ago. They were the smelliest (yum) ganga I have grown to date, by far.

I also want to thank TWW for his or her advice. I am about to sprout some feminized seed to place into a guerrilla grow nearby, because I yearn for a higher volume harvest than most auto flowers can provide. That is one of the reasons I am trying the Chaze SuperAutos this season. Like TWW made reference to, auto flowers are VERY sensitive; I strongly recommend no transplanting, no topping, no fimming, etc, or you have stunted plants.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was a little concerned at first, but they are doing well so far. I sprouted 2 seeds and started them indoors under CFLs. They were the smallest seeds I have acquired to date. They didn't seem as robust as my other seedlings but I now believe it was because these seeds are longer to completion than the other types I have grown. I moved them outside after 2 weeks indoors. As of day 28 one was 22.5 inches and the other was 16 inches and the growth rates are pretty good lately. Unfortunately I think I goofed with the 3 gallon pots, should have used 5-gallon fabric smart pots.

What about your Jamaican Berry? Indoors or out?

6. goodgrace87, what about your Jamaican Berry?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. It's
    Outdoors I posted as pic in my journal check it out is us about 20 inches tall and started flowering

8. The 7 Dwarf Colossus is getting close to harvest. The two AK-47 autos yielded about 25 grams that I have curing right now. The 2 Chaze super autos are beginning to flower with a projected harvest in early September.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have 2 Chaze superautos, from Flash Seed. Both are in 3 gal plastic containers and were started indoors on June 2. One is on my deck and the other is in a near-by guerilla location. The Chaze on deck (COD) began to flower around July 18, is 36' tall today and grew 4 inches in the last week. The Chaze in the woods (CIW) was about 46' tall on July 13 with very few lower branches left (critters/insects). I have not measured it since.

I continue to use the General Organics Go Box suite of nutrients for all my plants on the deck and the CIW when I can, incorporating distilled water only and they are under an awning during rain storms. The growth rates near the end of the veg cycle was impressive for both plants. The COD grew 12' in 1 week, the CIW grew an astounding 24' in 1 week. Although the weather has been pretty good this year we have been experiencing large thunderstorms in this region the last 3-4 weeks and that pattern appears to be continuing. According to the breeder these plants should finish in just under 100 days (early September). So far I am liking what I'm seeing. Like I said in an earlier post I think I should have placed them into

BTW I just added an inexpensive soil pH mete and a standing supply of fabric pots to my array of cultivation tools. I also recently added some babies to the garden; a Northern Lights fem (canuk seed freebie) and a Bubble Gum fem (also canuk seed). I also started 2 more 7 dwarf colossus a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ... placed them into 5 gallon containers ,,,

11. Mines were placed out on April 20 and I still have about three weeks left. I am not rushing it though. I read other journals that they go up until 115 days outdoors before harvest. Do you have a scope?

12. yes, after we exchanged comments last year I went and purchased one. It has been very useful.
    I am having a similar experience with my mature colossus. On paper it should have been harvested on July 19th. At that time there were still many bright white pistils and no red/brown hairs and the buds looked a bit small to me. So I modified my nutrients the last 2 waterings, starting on July 16. Since then the buds have gotten larger. My last feed included some molasses. Check out the photo, the chaze is on the left, colossus on right. The trichomes on the colossus are primarily cloudy today.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. have you tried adding anything tot the top soil. Like ground barley ? it can help during flowering. Especially for the chaze?

14. not really, I'm so close to the harvest, day-to-day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. For colossus no, Chaze maybe

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey, let's change the subject a little. I am beginning topondering my