Auto Ak-47, Auto Blueberry, Auto AK-48, & Lowryder #2 - Soil, 300w floro, organic

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mallett, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hi everyone, and welcome to my 'Auto Grow journal':hello:
    I am going to be growing these 4 Autoflowering strains real soon:

• 1x AK-48 - Feminised
    • 1x Lowryder #2 - Feminised
    • 1x Automatic AK47 - Feminised
    • 1x Automatic Blueberry - Feminised

Here's my current equipment:

• Levington Organic soil & Peat Pots (3 inch)
    • Perlite
    • Fine Dolomite Lime
    • Canna Bio Vega
    • Canna Bio Florres
    • Superthrive
    • Digital Hygrometer/thermometer - Currently 79.2F and 53% Humidity
    • 300w dual spectrum (blue and red) floro
    • Mini Greenhouse with heat mat inside
    • 600mgh air and water ionizer - Fresh water for plants and to combat odours.
    • Analog PH Meter
    • Analog Light and Moisture sensor
    • Am i missing anything vital here?!

Here's the plan: (for when the seeds arrive which will be any day now.)

Germination: Wrap seeds in a wet flannel and soak with luke warm water and put in a polythene zippy bag till sprouted.

Soil Mix:
    25% Perlite, 15% dolomite lime, 60% Levingtons Organic blend
    Not 100% on this, any suggestions welcome!

Once seeds have germinated
    : I will fill the peat pots with my soil mix, then plant the seeds taproot down into a 2cm deep hole and lightly cover. I will then put them in my mini propagator and introduce the light, or would they be best left in darkness?

Nutrient Plan:

(I need a few pointers on this one as i'm not 100% sure)

1. I will feed the seedlings with ionized water and Superthrive until they show their first 4 sets of leaves.
    2. When 4th set of leaves appear i will introduce bio vega
    3. When the Flowers begin to appear i will switch to bio flores and flush 1 week before harvest.

Grow space:

I have included a few pictures for this one.

I will update soon, any advice would be greatly appreciated.:wave:

Peace

2. Ok guys, I got my seeds this morning along with some superthrive which is awesome!!
    I will be germinating these babies tonight, can anyone offer any tips in advance?

Here's how it will be going down:

Paper Towels, Spray bottle (with some Superthrive and plain tap water), Mini Greenhouse, Plastic zippy bags. Oh and the seeds ! :) whooo

1. Wrap seeds in papertowel, and soak with luke warm tap water and superthrive premix
    2. Place in zippy bag
    3. Place in mini greenhouse

Then wait....

any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks......next update later today :)

peace

3. dude,dont give seedlings anything but water,distilled is best imo.start feeding when they have 4-5 nodes and start at about 1/4 strength till they get going,other then that you have a solid plan.good luck.

4. I was gonna say the same thing. Looks like you've got everything planned out good, but they don't need nutes in that beginning seedling stage, just water. And don't put it in light until it has its first leaves. It shouldn't be long.. last plant I grew developed a small pair of leaves not even 2 days after planting the germinated seed.

5. IndicaIsGood- it certainly is good ;) Hey bud thanks for the advice on the feeding. So i start with 1/4 strength of bio vega and work my way up to bio florres ;)
    I brought some bottled 'evian' natural mineral water today. It says PH 7.2 on the bottle, is that too high?
    Also, what about Superthrive? i thought it will help germination and root production for early stages of growth? I need to do a bit of reading! Talk soon.

jgke - Thanks for the tips bud. I will wait for my first set of leaves before giving light ;)

mistergreen - I will def check out the link thanks for that ;)

I have just painted the inside of my cabinet too with white gloss, and mounted my reflector and bulb on the top of the cabinet inside, and placed a board of wood on the back to prevent light escaping. Should be dry in 24hrs so i'm off to make my soil mix :)

Will update soon, thanks again for the advice, i'm off to read mistergreens thread :)

peace

Attached Files:

• Yep.jpg
      Yep.jpg
      File size:
      79.1 KB
      Views:
  6. #7 mistergreen, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
    ok im no expert but i give my plants water that has stood for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate and i ph it down to 6.5 ph in my grow the only thing i gave my plants before i started to flower was organic seaweed , i read some where seaweed is good for roots and plants imune systems......i also thought matt white paint was best for light reflection but not sure? isn t it exciting starting a grow i hope it goes smoothly for yea :D be lucky mistergreen :D

7. #8 mallett, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
    Thanks mistergreen. The paint is almost dry! I need to prepare my soil mix. i have included a picture of the soil i have which is Levington organic mix. It is organic and it says it has enough ferts for 8 weeks? was gonna mix it with 40% perlite and some fine dolomite lime??

** I DIDN'T USE THIS SOIL!!! I USED JOHN INNES SEEDLING COMPOST & IRISH PEAT MOSS FOR POTTING **

Can someone tell me if this soil is cool? If not, i will prob get some peat moss and do 50% perlite, 50% peat moss, with a cup of fine dolomite lime. I cant get foxfarms where i live :( any suggestions?

peace

Attached Files:

8. hi mate ok firstly i have never heard of your soil but i am in the uk but wot i do know if it says it has ferts for 8 weeks then do NOT feed them anything else for 8 weeks ok on the pearlite side of things i did a little test and mixed 70% pearlite to 30% soil on one plant then on the next plant 70%soil 30% pearlite and all my other plants 50/50 in my opinion it made no difference to any of the plants don t get me wrong pearlite is good in soil helps keep air around the roots etc ....i watched a couple of videos on utube all about watering and basically if you give your plant a little water then let it soak in then a little more till thats soaked in etc till a little water comes out the bottom which i know most people do so not to over water them this is the wrong way to water in my opinion i learnt if you leave your soil about 1 inch from the top of the pot when you come to water fill the pot to the top with water and wot happens is it creates a vaccume as the last of the water soaks in if you listen carefully you can hear little popping sound this is the freash air going thru the soil because of the vacume you created thus giving the roots freash air.....i don t know anything about lime sorry or peat moss......i know a lot of people don t like to order online because it leaves a paper trail to your door but if you have not bought any equitment on line for your grow then pehaps get your soil online just a thought ........i do think if that soil has nutes for 8 weeks it maybe a little strong for seedling i used jhon innes seedling compost (organic) perhaps any seedling compost (organic) might be better till your seedlings establish them selves.....remember thou im no expert and this is my first grow so i only give you my opinions and not my experience as i have none lol wow long post sorry didn t mean to bore you lol......be lucky mistergreen

9. #10 mallett, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
    Hey Mg ;)

On the soil, i picked up some John Innes seedling compost and some irish peat moss for later on.
    The seeds are in Germination progress now. I have wrapped them in the flannel, Soaked it in luke warm tap water and Evian bottled water and placed them in my heated mini greenhouse :)

I'll definitely be taking the rest of your tips in and use them with my grow :)
    +rep mistergreen

Next update soon...

peace
    :smoking:

10. hi mate be careful not to let your baby plants dry out when you pot them in your jhon innes i made that mistake every where id red said to water every 3 to 5 days however with jhon innes if you read the bag it says do not allow the soil to dry out so don t over water but keep a watchful eye on them if i remember right i watered 3 days then 4 days later then 3 days then 4 days later etc but that depends on heat in your room etc just thought id let you know if you didn t know already...........be lucky mistergreen......ps the +reps need to be posted on my thread not yours lol

11. That shit printed on the bag is not set in stone. Your plants will tell you when you need to water or start with nutes.

12. #13 mallett, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    cheers for the heads up on that guys :)

I've only tried germinating the Lowryder and the AK-47 for now. We will see how it goes :)

p.s - I've decided to go 50/50 with the perlite and John Innes (with a dash of dolomite lime for good measure) as you suggested mg ;)

Stay tuned :)

peace

13. #14 mistergreen, Jul 26, 2009
    im sorry i disagree these guys making the soil have sientists testing there shit your plants will tell you when to water my grow bud insisted on that saying and left one of our plants 6/7 days waiting for that sign ... no sign came we watched and watched......no water it got it is now female and it is conciderably smaller than all the other 6 females...........maybe we where both newbs and wasn t looking for the right thing but as far as we are both concerned we agree looking for signs this early in the game of grows is just silly go with wots on the bag till you learn different hope this helps .....be lucky mistergreen ps i never said that " with a dash of dolomite lime for good measure" you did lol

14. lol ur right; that was me! My bad :)

I got my seedling mix ready :):hello:

Will update soon..

peace:smoking:

15. hi mate bet you can t wait to pot em up :D......be lucky mistergreen :D

16. #17 mallett, Jul 26, 2009
    Not too long to go now MG! :)

I unwrapped the flannel this morning and both seeds have a taproot 1-2 mm long :D I'm going to wait until tomorrow before potting them tho to let the taproot develop a bit more.

I included a few pictures just for your viewing pleasure :)

edit: Here's my seedling mix:

John Innes seedling compost - 3 parts
    Perlite - 3 parts
    Dolomite Lime - 1 part

Will update soon.
    peace

Attached Files:

17. great news on the germinating i just wanna edit wot my ladies are they are ak47 crossed with white widow which makes em white russians not as i previously said ..........be lucky mistergreen :D

18. I'm not saying the directions on the bag are wrong, just that if your plant requires nutes before then, you shouldnt wait to feed cause the bag says so. Do you think those nute levels were decided based on the growing needs of marijuana plants? Of course if you start a seedling in a large pot you wouldnt have to feed it for a while, it might be the full eight weeks. Different strains have different tolerances to nute levels. Some strains react to the slightest over-fertilizing with dilluted ferts. Other strains suck it right up at higher concentrations I feel that after a couple of weeks even a beginner should be able to read their plants and know when it is time to water and when to feed. FFOF, the stuff a LOT of people use around here, says you can go UP TO 30 days without feeding. It is more of an estimate, and you should not base your feeding schedules EXACT start date on that.:smoking:

19. ok firstly you say if they need nutess then give them nutes are you gonna tell this guy wot signs he is looking for? maybe you have pics to show him? me and my grow bud where told that if a plant needs water watch out for it drooping or wilting our plant did not show these signs at all and we waited and waited and the plant suffered because of this. can you tell this guy wot to look for when a plant needs watering? you say after 2 weeks a begineer should be able to read there own plants. how if not educated? i told him to go with wots on the bag till he learns differently did i not ? thats the most oppropreiate thing to tell him. you ramble on about readin his plants and give him no information how to ? i do wonder how many grows you have had or how long since you first started i wonder coz im new to growing and understand how hard it is at the begining how much you worry about the slightest thing that don t look right. also why did you not tell him weather his original soil was ok to use in seedling stages? you obviously know the soil which i don t, so to sum up you are obviously a more experienced grower than me so if you wanna help the guy out then help him out and ill sit back but if he posts and gets no response i will share wot little knowledge i have with him but please remember everything and i mean everything is new to him........be lucky mistergreen