Autism - Autism Free Brain

Discussion in 'General' started by Zutery, Aug 12, 2013.

1. #1 Zutery, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Cure? They can't even diagnose it better than taking a guess, like basically all mental illness

3. @[member="Snoop Toad"]  
    They accurately diagnosed my little brother with Austism and Down syndrome. But this was months after birth.

4. That may be so, but accurately diagnosing autism is not the norm. My brother may or may not have autism, he has severe mental retardation among other things. Doctors still are not sure.

5. Snake oils can cure everything. Thought we all knew this.

6. How old is your brother? And most autistic kids, if not all are not the social type.

7. I'm told the only way to cure my autism is to stop watching ponies.

8. Was that supposed to be a joke?

9. #9 geetardude, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    32 but his mind is that of a 5 year old. I'm the youngest.

10. There are no tests for autism and most mental disorders. Its simply guessing based on symptoms. Down syndrome is different as you can test for gene mutation.

11. Has anyone read the link, Can you summerize?

TL;DR.

If not will read later and try and add something to this discussion.

12. It's proven that he's missing a chromosome. 

13. Can he walk or talk? My little brother just turned 9 4 days ago actually. He can walk but he needs help getting up and maintaining his balance. He can not talk, yet. Yeah I'm pretty sure they said he is mentally about 1, may be more now.

14. Its a post by someone making fun of a group of people but specifically hating on 1 specific Dr and his snake oils.

15. Updated with video.

16. He can walk, but can't speak very well. He can't speak full sentences, and most words come out as gibberish.

17. The doctor is Theoharis C Theoharides

His official position title is:

"Director, Molecular Immunopharmacology and Drug Discovery Laboratory, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, and Departments of Biochemistry, Internal Medicine, and Psychiatry, Molecular Immunopharmacology and Drug Discovery Laboratory"

See: http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.1517/14656560903107789

This isn't a snake oil salesman. Do a search in Google Scholar. You'll find his papers and relevent patents.