Authentic Chong piece... value?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by boogerfoot, Mar 27, 2014.

1. #1 boogerfoot, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    I'm getting married soon and have considered selling my Chong piece for the honeymoon if I can get a good price for it. This has been my favorite piece since the day I bought it and it is in immaculate condition so it's going to take some convincing to make me give it up but I'd like to get some input on what I might be able to expect to get for it.

Attached Files:

2. that's pretty awesome, if that really is chong endorsed i'd keep it. that's a collectible. little piece of American marijuana history, the value should only go up as legalization proceeds. not to mention, (knock on wood) when the time comes that our favorite movie-star stoner passes on to smoke doobies with god, those pieces will be even  more special. 

3. From what I've heard, those pieces are quite uncommon and can command some pretty high prices. Nothing too crazy, but definitely in the $500+ range.  

Those were for bongs, however. I'd imagine the bubbler would be worth less, I'd say you can get around $250. That's just an estimate however, and you need to find the right buyer for this kind of stuff as well. 

• Like Like x 1
  4. When he dies itll be worth 10x its current value due to the story around those pieces.

Bongs go for 1-2k

Pipes 500-1k

Current prices.

Imagine 10x that.

I shit ya not, youll kick yourself in the ass for the rest of your life for selling it now, if ever. Remember all those fools who talk about the dream car they let go in their youth? Dont be that guy.

Peace

5. please dont sell that...whether you sell it now or after for more or less money....dont ssell it...its in amazing condition and no one would take care of it better than you have and can...keep it. continue to make memories with it, then maybe pass it on to your kid if you have any....keep it.

6. Like the others have said..its probably best to keep it. Ive seen pipes go for around 300-500. You don't see many pipes for sale.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 five3two, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    I have a Chong nug jug that has the original cork and holds about an 8th.  Any idea as to the value?  I haven't been able to find any online so I was curious if its rarity might make it more valuable than a pipe or a bong.  Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. If I were you I would regret selling it for honeymoon funds especially since it's your favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Your Chong Sherlock bubbler was made around 98-2001 by Michael Montgomery a snodgrass apprentice that worked for Chong. Chong Glass Markert Facebook Group is where you can find the original artist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. I have an autographed chong bong Ive had since 1999 that chong sent to my buddies glass/tatto shop with a order from chong glass. Pulled it out and was amazed to see Chong autographed it in paint pen. Its never been smoked through. I'm wanting to sell it now, but if no-one can meet the $50k price tag I will just keep it safe until someone comes along who can afford such a collectable piece.

11. #11 mike paner, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    I shit ya not, youll kick yourself in the ass for the rest of your life for selling it now, if ever. Remember all those fools who talk about the dream car they let go in their youth? Dont be that guy.
    snaptube vidmate