Autflower Training

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by cannacooker425, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,
    Im about to start growing 6 autoflower plants, i have a 4x4 tent with a 600w hps/mh bulb.
    I want to experiment with different training tequniques on each plant. 1 lst, 1 topped, 1 super cropped, ect...
    I am going to top/fim all my plants, my question is: How many times can i top/fim each plant for maximum yeilds withought slowing down the growth givin that were working with autos.?

2. Hey buddy you gotta watch with autos. Make sure theyre big strains before you go chopping the tops off. My profile pic is a xxl auto that topped once then lstd the shit out of.
    Theres a knack to topping them without causing damage. If youve got 4 nodes by day 17 then theyre growing about as fast as they can and top/fim at that point wont slow them down any. A few days iether way seems to be a bit detrimental though and i wouldnt advise doing it more than once.
    I top my autos as it makes them more symetrical and easier to train but lst alone will give you a pretty similar result with less risk.
    Small autos do not like to be fucked with though. Check the seedbank and if its labelled anything less than L-xxl id just do a bit of lst. Smaller strains have less veg time and wont thank you for it. Bigger pots with lots of air supply to the roots will help them veg a bit longer. I basically grow in fresh air and mine all vegged for 7 weeks so far.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. You don't really need to train them just leave them to grow. And especially autos though. Autos don't like to be topped.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I concur. No topping of the autos...not unless you REALLY REALLY know what you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1