Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Australian Tokers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Heroes, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Sup GC. I'm from Sydney, Australia and just wondering how many other tokers there are on this forum from my part of the globe, and had a question or two for anyone who is.

The South-West Sydney marijuana scene is horrible. Basically, it's really sorta sketchy and junkie. All the dealers I know of are dangerous, there's no friendly neighborhood pothead chilled out dealer here... And it's always an issue to pick up from any connects I do have (I picked up a gram from my old dealer, walked back to my car around the block and was pulled over by undercovers within 5 minutes. I ended up getting a Cannabis Caution (basically a slap on the wrist.)) I also think any current connects I have would laugh me out of the room if I asked about different strains, honestly around my area I have NEVER heard one person talk about any sort of strain, there's just good weed and bad weed here. I'm so jealous of every American and shit, talking about like Sour Diesel and Orange Kush and all these different strains... sounds fucking amazing.

If anyone's from Australia (specifically) and has had a different experience with this sorta shit, please enlighten me.

2. Yeah man the yanks have it good but like most places the only way to 100% know what your smoking is if you know the person who grew it.

3. I'm going to have trouble finding a connect like that. haha.

4. yeah i have the same issue as with NO such thing as getting other strains from any of my dealers

5. Sucks for us doesn't it. Where abouts in Aus are you if you don't mind me asking?

6. At the moment it's been pretty shithouse over in North Sydney/Central coast area as well...quality isn't that great at all at the moment...
    But yeah, dealers - usually the worse.
    Never as discreet as they should be, they do shit that makes you think "no wonder" when they inevitably run into trouble, they're unreliable, and yeah to top it off, it's like there's no pride in the "commercial" growing scene here...you never hear about any strains at all, you get shitty gear, and supply seems totally sporadic - though at what "level" that originates I don't know...
    Got a mate that lives in Vic that grows his own, not even super professionally.
    Though the difference is astounding.

With green, I'm just like "Ok, I'm gonna drop them a line...one call, and let them do whatever fucking around they have to, before deciding to come see me." It's just not worth the stress of chasing these fuckwits up sometimes.

Ah, if only growing were more or a feasible thing to all situations...

Being a consumer in the Sydney scene sucks.

7. So much agree. Feel sorry for all of us! This is horrible LOL. Also the average going rate for a gram here is $20, two grams = $30, etc. I've seen Americans say they would never pay $20 for a gram :|

8. Melbourne

9. Waddup dudes, I'm from Melbourne. In my experience the weed scene down here is decent although all of the dealers tend to be total stoners who are so unreliable it's not funny or mafiosos who don't give a fuck if the 8 grams they gave you is more like one and a half (this acually happened to me yesterday hahah). The weed tends to be pretty good though.
    Nice to meet some fellow Aussies though :)

10. Canberra here, and I on average pay $10 for 1.1 grams. I've heard Sydney's is pretty expensive though, and the few times I've smoked Sydney stuff, it hasn't been great.

11. If it's any consolation, I've traveled around a bit for the canna community, and I've searched out genetics physically, and have had seeds and cuttings shipped from all corners of the world.... but the very best strain I have EVER smoked, I found in Australia.

The herb in at least some part of that 'wonderful little island' (lol alright, continent) blows almost everything I've ever had from any coffee shop or clinic clean out of the water, no contest, for one plant in particular I didn't even have to think about it or consider any close-seconds.... if you ever get over to Perth and someone offers you the 'Red Beard' from clone, and it's actually the real deal, you're in for a ride (especially if you can grow it yourself, and put the most care into it possible, rather than getting a bag of the plants/buds the grower didn't want). :)

12. Adelaide is the place to bed.
    Weed everywhere. Ounces go for about 180-220

13. I pay 180 for a half in melbourne :mad:

14. im from darwin and the prices are fucking high compared to where i used to live in NZ
    30 dollars for a measure known as a "stick", im not sure how much they weigh as i gave my scales away before i left NZ, ounces are 450 at a place my mate got one from today, and it was fucking wet (WTF!), in NZ i would pay 350 and that would be top shit fully dried and cured proper.

15. Well Darwin can fuck right off then

16. Yep, that's what I'd pay here too.

17. It aint that bad here for me (melbourne).
    I can get grams for $10-15 and so 7gs is $70-80 depends who i buy from

18. You buy out west? pm me your hookup haha thats cheaper then mine

19. Im from geelong, near melbourne, and i pay 140 for a half.
    I got a fucking great connection because the guy who I get it off only deals to me and a few mates, and i know everyone says this but its the best weed (i can find) around this area (including melbourne).

You can generally find a dealer pretty easy, just keep your eyes open in clubs n such.
    Just ask around and you shoudl be alright, just make sure you're friendly and choose who you ask correctly. Goodluck

20. In the NT myself, stick cost 30dolla, which can be anywhere from 1-1.8 at most

O will cost me 400, but most people will pay 450. suppose its who you know, not the best scene but some of the weed can be real good, and other real bad.

got told one of the mules comming up for adelaid done a runner with a ton of weight not long ago so the person i usuely get from is dry and has been for 2weeks now but ahwell :D, parap haha