Australian beginners grow guide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by themadmanc, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Thanks for the advice in another thread I've switched to bass liquid potash with some additional trace elements with good results. We had some bloody hot days but they have pulled through and are starting to flower. 20190128_124228.jpg 20190128_124234.jpg 20190128_124238.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. R u gna upsize the pot man or is that it?

3. That's it, otherwise they'll be over the fence hahaha

4. There already nearly 5 foot tall

5. Give em a good feed m8, they need N fairly bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks will do!

• Like Like x 1
  7. My advice (for what its worth) is that your soil would be used up. Its been depleted in N for awhile, hence the yellow leaves. Grab a Canna veg nutrient and use for the next 2 weeks at every 2nd watering and then grab a Canna flower one and use at 1/2 the recommended dosages every 2nd watering. Is just easier using nutrients that are tailored to the plant rather than mucking about chasing ya tail.
    With that size pot you will need to water it every day.

8. Updates brother

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well we've continued with the hot weather here but well into flowering now. As a first grow I'm quite happy so far but feel like I've made some mistakes with initially over feeding and then under feeding. So I feel like I've been playing catch up. Either way here's some pictures from this afternoon. 20190204_182021.jpg 20190204_182025.jpg 20190204_182028.jpg 20190204_182044.jpg

10. re you bloom feeding bro?
    She lacking something

11. But looks wieked otherwise my bro

12. Aussie grower here ... Im growing in coco using a 80x80x160 grow tent with a 6" ventilation fan with a massive carbon filter and a 450W LED ... I'm using GH bloom and micro and the 3/9 ratio (running it at 1/4 strength atm though) with 0.5ml calmag per litre (i double buffered the coco too) at around day 12 at the moment 20190204_140728.jpg 20190204_140608.jpg 20190204_140805.jpg Day 1--3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. @ Thestonedbadgerlicker, looks like cal-def burns to me. suggest increasing calmag dosage and monitoring your pH (at least check the runoff).

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. can you use powerfeed and seasol if you are growing in coco-perlite indoor ?

also should u spray seasol on the plant or dilute and water with it or both?

15. Thanks everyone for the help, ended up with 4oz of good dried bud from my first plant, the two bigger plants are still hanging up drying. Very pleased with the results for a first go!

• Like Like x 2
  16. how was the smell outside when the plants were flowering?
    is there any chance of smell reaching neighbors?

17. Ha on still days it did get pretty stinky, luckily I've got some very good neighbors. Will be having another crack at it later this year

18. Nitrogen deficiency and calcium deficiency.. not enough nitro makes the leaves turn yellow and not enough calcium give you black spots .. hard thing is when ur in flower all the energy goes into making it bloom not repairing itself.. I would try get onto it ASAP so you don’t lose out on ur yield Bruv

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. This is an amazing thread. Thanks so much for sharing everyone. I’m planning on doing a grow sometime this year and all of this makes it so much clearer.
    No idea what my seeds are - had a bag ages ago that had heaps of seeds. Hopefully all goes well :)

20. Fingers crossed for you buddy. Biggest plants ive ever seen were grown outdoors by an Aussie in nothing but horse shit n lime. Dude called @912greenskell. He's on another forum but Google him. His shits well worth a read. Seen him drop 3lb autos and over 10lb photos.
    Crazy good grower.