Australian beginners grow guide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by themadmanc, Jan 28, 2014.

1. @ausling - cheers for the feedback :) when I wrote this I wanted to write something a little more in depth so people could expand the knowledge to outside just the canna kingdom. 

Fully accept that the majority of people wouldnt need to test the ph, let alone alter it, but as a horticulturalist its one of the most important things for me. Most of the time its fine, but just knowing your ph means you can rule one thing off the potential fuck-ups.

Also, australia is a really vast country and we have huge varying soil phs here. From red soil high (8+) to sandy "shit" thats around 5... some people won't be so lucky as us.  Knowledge is power! but thanks for the feedback :) happy growing everyone xx

2. #22 Ausling, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Oh don't worry, I know my sandy loams and loamy sands. 30 years in the trade.

From my experience marijuana rates as living in a genus pool that is easiest to maintain. shit, half of it would still deliver something to smoke with with no love at all.
    Don't get me wrong I like what you have done Manc, cheers to that.

3. Great post dude, I'm down under aswell , east coast. That power feed is a great product. I have some in pots and some in ground this year on my property. I started late this year , wasn't expecting to much , but they have thrived. Will post some pics soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Here's my girls 2 weeks into flower, any feed back would be greatly appreciated!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422092315.503561.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422092382.912922.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422092411.969826.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. 3weeks 3days in flower for anybody out there!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422873955.798863.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422873997.591674.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422874017.767990.jpg

6. Id really love to see them at harvest time

7. So do I!!! Haha, they should come good, there gettin frosty an still producing, will they go the full 10 weeks cos it's outdoors or will it be 8 weeks, there 4 weeks today, bit of heat stress an bit of nute burn!!!!

Keep tokin!!!

8. #28 rickybrah, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    What should I use to get rid of bugs? I've noticed small holes in my leaves, something that won't damage my plants

9. hey dude, from what I have read on this, every1 recommends 100% neem oil, hope this helps pal!!!

10. Close up at 4 weeks!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423132279.649377.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423132301.662094.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423132386.395301.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423132417.397511.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423132463.201037.jpg

11. You don't want to get to much neem on the buds. If the bugs aren't doing to much damage don't worry Tj much. Maybe make a garlic and chilli spray.

12. I bought some neem oil trying now, cheers!

13. Hi.

When you mention post ash at flowering, do you use this as well as power feed? I just bought power feed and have been using seasol. I have used a bit of tomato power feed to date' but just bought the general one. Just at a the start of flowering now.

Thanks

14. #34 rickybrah, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    When is the right time to swap from power feed to sulphate of potash? They're about a week into preflower

15. I know this is a late post but I use Searles Liquid Potash Plus(full strength 1ml/Lt) with my PowerFeed (1/2 strength 2.5ml/Lt) and Seasol (2.5ml/Lt). I also work a pinch of Richgro's Organic Mega Booster Phosphorus into the top inch of my pots at the start of flower. 2.5kg for $8 will last through A LOT of grows.
    http://www.bunnings.com.au/richgro-2-5kg-mega-booster-phosphorus-organic-fertiliser-_p2961712

In my job I have had the chance to go to many Richgro, Earthcare and Searles training sessions.Got a lot of free shit over the years and I have to say that PowerFeed and Seasol are my go-to nutes. ✌

16. I know this thread is old but am doing my first grow this year, based mostly of what I have learned on this guide and has been GREAT so far.

Just have a question about the Sulphate of Potash when starting to flower. Do I keep feeding my plants powerfeed as well as adding the Sulphate of Potash. Also when roughly should I starting adding the Sulphate of Potash? My plants are starting to show the white pistils, no calyxes yet though.

TIA :)

17. Hey ppl, just wanted to see if I could get a reply. What ratio has everyone been using for their pots. I'm using 19litre smart pots and wanted to know how much potting mix, perlite, peat moss and chicken manure to mix in.

Cheers.

18. Only a good hand full of chicken chit (its strong stuff). Go anywhere up to 1/4 of the mix perlite. Cannabis does like a light soil.
    I havent used peat moss so i cannot comment on that. I do however add a couple of hand fulls of Clay kitty litter pellets.

19. Cheers Lucky Luke. So maybe a handful of the manure per 19l pot? Also may sound like a stupid question but will a 19l pot take 19l of potting soil?

20. Oh for pity's sake its winter in Oz.