Australia on fire

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by myrrhlynn, Jan 1, 2020.

1. if this is accurate... HOLY COW...!

pm-MAP-Australian-fires.jpg

i wish we had a real president... we ought to be helping big time.
    Trump owns no hotel in Australia... he won't be giving any aid.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Yes it is accurate, i live there bush-land burning wildlife dying people too.

3. Trump gets blamed for everything lmao. Pretty sure Congress is responsible for deciding finances and where most of the money goes.

I am a big advocate of "closed mouths don't get fed". If you don't ask for help don't expect help.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 myrrhlynn, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    up until now, US presidents have been leaders... that's what makes the difference.

name one US president who hasn't been blamed for a world crisis situation. at least most of them cared.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. No you're right, Clinton getting a bj in the oval office is what we expect from our leaders...

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. The first world crisis was probably WW1, so every president before that.

Australias bushfires aren't what I would consider a world crisis... I mean it's an island. Not to mention, this happens every year. This just happens to be a really bad year. Just like 2 years ago, Colorado saw it worst ever year for wild fires. This year saw almost no wild fires...

None of this was any presidents fault.

7. Did not know PG&E was taking care of Australia's power needs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. No ppl or animals and the land goes up for sale and stuff gets built. California is doing the same thing insurance is refusing to cover fire damage so ppl take a loss and move.

9. Haha that’s nothing mate. One of our prime ministers admitted to fucking a dead pig. really whish i was kidding :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. What’s it gotta do with trump?
    Its happened every year for as long as time has existed. the Aussies should be better prepared for it by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I guess the point I was trying to make was , why would you take a terrible natural disaster and politicize it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bad bushfires this year nicely fit the lefty *OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING* agenda. I'm 54 seen way worse - the MSM are practically cumming in their pants at being able to rehash the crisis every 2 seconds. The very week that the First Fleet landed in Botany Bay there was a massive bushfire and it hasn't changed. The Aboriginals did burn backs in winter and autumn - the Greenies have practically stopped this happening in the 11% of our country that is Crown owned land and a HUGE fire was inevitable. California like Australia has a massive amount of eucalypts. They constantly shed bark making nice burny piles and are highly flammable due to the oil. In the 1950's or 60's in Tasmania, 86 people died by sheltering in their corrugated iron water tanks. In the *old days* anyone in a bush property would dig a bunker into the ground for sheltering from fires. But now people expect everyone else to do their thinking for them. As for people who refuse to leave and die trying to save a bunch of *stuff*, that's just inherently stupid. When we get fires where we are we don't care - we just leave.

13. seems like every day the news is coining a new extreme word for the fires.... i believe they're up to apocalyptic. actually in the long term, fires are good for the environment and the land will eventually rebound, but the devastation to the wildlife & populations is just so sad to hear about.

35 years after Mount St. Helens eruption, nature returns

14. I don’t get opinionated very often here, but I have to say this: if you’re not on the ground in Australia, you have no right to point fingers, misplace blame, or urge Australians on how to act in the face of such an unprecedented tragedy.

This IS a political issue. It IS a global issue. And it IS beyond anything that any reasonable person should be expected to be prepared for. People have died, and not because they were too stupid to let go. People have died trying to help their country and their countrymen. An ecosystem that has existed, in some places, for millennia, is being decimated. And the extent of it all can be blamed on a global refusal to act in favour of the environment, and the local inadequacies of those in charge. If we’re to blame the Aussies for anything, it’s for the way that they continue to vote.

But as they always will, the Australian spirit will prevail. The bush will rejuvenate. The country may never be the same, but she’ll be right.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Curious - why would/should he??

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Im guessing I’d do the same - no?

Continent.

j

17. We are human too.

18. #19 old shol4evr, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    delete

19. #20 old shol4evr, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021