Australia - Domestic Seed Sources (no customs)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by SteveMango, Jul 19, 2021.

1. #1 SteveMango, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    After putting this info in a couple of other places, I thought it might be handy to just make a thread that makes the info easy to find.

I have found these because ILGM stopped Australia shipping and after hearing a few stories here and there i sought info on any domestic seed sources in Australia. I found the information on reddit and google.

I have ordered only from two so far (received both orders). If anyone has further experience with any of the others, please share your experiences.

Websites:

https://www.cavemanseeds.com.au/ < Order received :jump:
    https://www.kangaseeds.store < Order received :yay:
    https://mediseedman.com < Not ordered
    https://www.aussiebakedbeans.com.au/ < CLOSED DOWN
    FrostyFlowers Cannabis Seed Bank | Australia & NZ – Cannabis Seeds < CLOSED DOWN
    DC Collectables < Not ordered
    Hemp Seeds - Feminised - The Seed Factory < CLOSED DOWN
    https://aussieseeds.com.au < Not ordered

Instagram Accounts (Not ordered from any)

• top_shelf_seed_bank
      • aus.beans2.0
      • geraldfitzgeraldthe2nd
      • skimaskseeds
      • ferala9x/feralgenetics
      • heavy dayze
      • gdaybudseeds CLOSED DOWN
    Please add any others to the thread, plus any feedback so I can keep the OP updated!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Update 1: After a member here posted this list elsewhere, I read some responses that say gdaybudseeds are no longer in business.OP updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Update 2.

1. aussiebakedbeans have no stock until further notice
    2. 100% germination from kangaseeds (10 out of 10) (2 strains: grape bubblegum & diesel glue)
    3. caveman not shipping due to lockdown in Sydney

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Steve, you are doing the gods work! Thanks so much for this mate, much appreciated :thumbsup:

5. Not at all mate. To be honest I was super disappointed when I went to order from ILGM and they had no more Australian deliveries. I had heard that there was a domestic scene but I never looked into it till ILGM stopped delivering so maybe we thank them! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Update 3.

1. caveman now shipping once a week due to lockdown
    2. top shelf seedbank has a website now - tssbau.com.au
    3. DC collectables will stock Seedsman from time to time although apparently no stock right now

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers mate great, thanks very much for the suggestions. Have been checking out a couple of aus grower subreddits and caveman does get a good write-up! Good to hear about top shelf too. I am considering kangaseeds as well, you say you've had an excellent result, yeah? So many years since I last smoked (think late 90s lol) Im now in the market due to a chronic pain condition so it looks like GYO will have to be the way :)

8. #8 SteveMango, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Yeah i use for pain as well, i got medical approved last year. Obviously its quite expensive for the medical gear in Australia but its usually top shelf, costs much more than GYO though which is why we need seed banks!
    With Kanga i germed two strains and both came up. I bought the most expensive ones so I'm BLOODY WELL GLAD they DID come up or i would have been well pissed off! I got the diesel glue and the grape bubblegum. gonna stick them outside once the weather gets more consistent, just using cfls now, still seedlings. I saw on reddit some pics of their other strain, Diesel Block. Linked them here, looks pretty effing nice mate! Hope mine turns out even half as good but it wont because it will be outdoors. I just hope wallabys don't eat them like last year!

9. Yep mate I have been medically approved as well, but for some reason cbd oil doesn't work as well as I'd hoped it would. There was a suggestion my provider might be able to get flowers but the supply was indefinitely delayed...and too right its expensive! I'm on disability as well which makes it more difficult; yes GYO might be a bit exxy to set up but if I can get away with a budget grow that would be great. Thanks for the seed bank heads up, I have got an auto coming from caveman and a feminised from kanga. Will take a while to get together the stuff I need to get it happening like a grow tent or similar, but I figured secure a few seeds while I can - I'm closeish to the city so can't try an outdoor setup - ha wallabies sound crazy! Here its brush turkeys so even if I didn't have to go stealth that would be a bad idea lol

Thanks as well for the info on cffs. if that could work sounds good! How did you go for germinating? Only asking because I've tried germinating morning glories but without success as yet...and I hear you, the prices for seeds you can't afford to fail really can you. Beautiful pics on the diesel and bubblegum, got my fingers crossed for you! :thumbsup:

10. The main trouble for me with medical cannabis is that I am in a very remote area and the pharmacy order/delivery takes bloody ages. Last time, from order taken, to order arrive was 17 days. Then obviously there is the cost. Yeah, I stocked on seeds as well. First order from kanga i got the northstar diesel, the double diesel haze and the grape bubblegum. They arrived so quick i then ordered the diesel glue! The seeds arrive faster than legal medical cannabis lmao. I still need to make the spots in the bush for the northstar diesel and the double diesel haze, probably go lantana hacking on saturday. For the germination i use the shot glass method. just pop the seed into some water in a shot glass and put it in a dark warm spot for a day or two until it shows a tap root and then plant into the dirt like normal. Sometimes hard shelled seeds can take up to a week in the shot glass, in thst case carefully swap the water in the shot glass every two days so no bacteria grows. I have seen old seeds that i find in my drawers take as long as 10 days like that. Someone else posted on this forum that the kangaseeds germ rates were good so hopefully yours are good too.

11. #11 wombat#, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    deleted

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lovely plant mate. Wish i could grow indoors. Yeah i got a pack of purple pear from caveman not long ago, but my sister took them! Same deal, she only got 2 to open using shot glass method. That was out of 5 seeds! I just had a look to see what aussiebakedbeans has , because I can plant outside right up until january around here, but it seems they have no stock at all right now.

13. #13 wombat#, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    and

14. I can totally imagine how difficult it must be if you're remote; sounds like you have a nice collection of seeds there from kanga! Hope the lantana hacking went well...that's pretty much the old school method of concealment, I remember people up north using lantana in the same way back in the 90s :biggrin:

I couldn't afford too many seeds at one time so I really need to get the germination process locked down - and what I've got atm (ie a windowsill with some seedling mix lol) is absolutely not optimal I know...probably why I've had no luck with morning glories yet (a similar even harder seed casing than cannabis so its my 'practice run') If I can ramp up the whole setup a bit so I have lights etc fingers crossed I'll have a bit of success with that before moving onto the "the" seeds. Funny though, I actually did almost accidentally grow a plant back in the mid 90s...when we had a few seeds from what we were just smoking. I dug a bit of dirt out of the front garden (was living in an inner city boarding house at the time) and just sowed one of the fatter looking seeds - they were wonderfully dark with black leopard-like spots - stuck it out on the closed balcony and it pretty much grew itself! Just snipped some alternate leaves as it grew so it became a bit 'bonsai'd'. Turned out to be a lovely female with very nice buds! However it succumbed to a moment of paranoia lol but we still got a good smoke out of it although it wasn't a huge plant. So I've done it at least once before, hey maybe it worked so well because I wasn't really trying :D

Thanks for the advice; I will try out the shot glass method; I have been soaking the MG seeds but I think maybe it hasn't been warm enough. Plus also have an idea to float the seeds on the surface of the water so they don't get completely waterlogged...will see how that turns out :thumbsup: Been able to germinate some daisies at the same time so its obviously possible lol

15. Mate that is a stunning plant! If I could ever grow anything even half as good I would be very, very happy :biggrin:

It's gonna take a while to amass all the equipment etc, and a lot of reading up on teks to do in the meantime.So much info available its hard to know where to start really :)

16. Yep I saw that too steve...aussiebakedbeans seems to be right out atm. Due to the lockdown caveman is only posting weekly, but my order from kanga is already in transit - doesn't have to come too far, we are both in the same city I notice

17. Hey bit of good news, guys...seeds from kanga turned up fine :thumbsup: Both feminised, Ice & northern lights. MUCH smaller than I remember seeds being back in the day but I'm sure that's not a worry. Pretty sure the stuff we smoked back then was from big bush trees :D

Just trying to sort all the equipment atm, tent etc. Going to need a lot of reading up, but I think coco seems like it might be the go, knowing bugger all atm of course lol. Re your pic wombat, you used a net on that grow, yeah? It looks fantastic.

18. no net , it will need the lower branches tied up at some point probably ,and i will use some thin stakes if it needs more support later. I probably should have cut more of the laterals off before it was flipped , it's abit crowded , it didn't stretch much at all and it's supposed to be a bit stretchy according to the grower's notes.
    I've used a net in the past but once you put it on there is minimal access to the back , without a net i can turn it round and trim it properly.
    it's in a shower recess so really good drainage but a tight space to work with.

If you have more space all the better , and rooom to have a mother and make cuts.
    Coco is easy to work with , i use THC Buffered Coco , no need to add extra calcium , and Budrite nutes + Canna P/K 13/14 during flower.
    I ended up forking out for a Bluelab pH pen after doing all the cheap things and it's much better.
    In my opinion pH is the Genie in the water , if you get that right everything is easier.
    I'm using an HLG 260 3000k, it draws 234 watts at the wall . If I got it now i would include the red and uv diodes .

19. I put the seed in 200ml distilled water + 1 drop of hydrogen peroxide 3% and then in warm dark spot and check to see when the tap root pops , usually 24-48 hours,
    old seeds can take longer . I don't think it matters if they sink , some do , some don't.I have also popped them in between wet paper towels .

20. hey! that is great news. I have been so sore last few days due to my bush hacking last weekend for my northstar diesel and double diesel haze. popped all of them. yeah some of my seeds were bigger some smaller. they have all showed tappers quick and have now made it above ground so the first step is done.

• Like Like x 1