Aussie Newbie's First Grow - Micro PC Case - Special Kush #1

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ObliqueOne, Dec 26, 2016.

1. #1 ObliqueOne, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    G'day GrassCity!

Knocked up a very average (I'm an extremely poor handyman) PC case grow box. It's really going to be a small clone/veg box for when I get a proper tent, but I received (ordered early in excitement) seeds from a reputable online bank and decided to give one of the cheap ones a go - Royal Queen Special Kush #1 Feminised.

The little girl broke surface of the soil on 20/12/2016 and I've had her locked on 20/4 since :)

Up until this afternoon, the poor girl has been started off on just the single 24W CFL. I only just got the cabling and everything set up for the others today.

I've read through Growing Elite Marijuana - The Complete Guide - By Ryan Riley. Absolutely love it and will continuously use it as a reference point throughout my growing life!

Really excited with this grow as it's my first. However I am very understanding of the huge limitations put on my by the very tiny grow space I have. I'm simply just going to learn how to train the plant to grow in this tiny space and use this first time as a huge learning curve.

I'm still reading up more on nutes and the like so will be updating more on that in the coming days. I know I need some perlite or similar, but didn't get that on my last trip so will have to wait for the next one.

The major limitation I have here is that I will be away from 18/01 to 05/02 - 18 days. I know starting the grow knowing this would be highly discouraged, however I couldn't contain the excitement and just wanted to get it going and start learning! Even if at the cost of a seed.

I do have someone lined up to take care of her while I'm away, but it wont be anything more than watering and keeping an eye on. I'm thinking it may be better to just keep it in veg throughout that period and then taking a clone and starting from that upon my return?

Thanks for taking the time to read and I welcome any advice.

Cheers,
    Oblique :)

Here's the grow information and I've attached some pics too.

GARDEN STYLE: Indoors / Micro / PC case
    GROWING MEDIUM/SOIL STRUCTURE: Scott's Pure Organic Premium Potting & Planting Mix from local Bunnings
    POT/CONTAINER SIZE: 175mm trimmed down ~2cm
    ROOM SIZE: 50 x 50 x 20cm
    LIGHTING & WATTAGE: 3x24W CFLs
    VENTILATION: 1 small intake, 1 bigger outtake, 1 small internal airflow
    AVERAGE TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY: 23c / 47%
    NUMBER OF PLANTS: 1
    DATE ABOVE GROUND: 20/12/2016
    TOTAL FLOWERING TIME: TBA
    TOTAL YIELD: TBA
    NUTRIENT/FEED MIX & FEEDING CYCLES: TBA

Attached Files:

2. Sorry mate, just edited the OP with them!

3. Cool

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm not going to set myself any unrealistic expectations. I know I'm likely to get no more than half an oz at best! Really just wanting to have a bit of fun and see how it all works, with the hopes to invest in a tent for larger grows later.

5. Honestly if you top and lst you might be able to hit that or an oz in that space. Best of luck to you.

6. Yeah was thinking of just trying a few different kinds of training methods and just learning how to manipulate the plant. Maybe after a couple of tries in this box I could get an oz, that'd nice :)
    Cheers!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Sounds like you will be fine, check out my grow if you want, I just harvested a week ago

8. Had a read through, good stuff bro! Nice one with the oil too :p

Saw you've started a second grow too, all the best mate. I'll follow along.

9. Day 3 with proper lighting and all seems to be going pretty well. Gave her a small water today as things were looking dry.

Only real issue I'm having is keeping temperatures down. Constantly sitting 28-30, sometimes even higher during the middle of the day. I guess it's due to the lack of real exhaust, expected with the budget/pc-case grow box.

Apologies for the terrible phone pics.

Attached Files:

10. How are you going to control the smell? How is everything going?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum