Aussie Germination Review - Updated Jan 16th 2023

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by ThankYouRandomCitizen, Aug 3, 2022.

1. #1 ThankYouRandomCitizen, Aug 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    Updated Jan 16th 2023
    Apologies for the late update, the seed bank forums were hidden so I was not able to update this thread in a timely manner. I wont likely produce another update on these forums after this, not that its needed because this thread has been concluded. The reason can be viewed here, its not hard to read between the lines but I also don't want to have my contribution removed because I upset the wrong person: You have insufficient privileges to reply here

I can confirm with my results that Mediseedman not only have a decent germination rate, they are also definitely not hemp. Approx 12% of the plants were mutants, that can be seen in the image below, and generally germination was over 90%. Quality of the flowers were not bad, but also not as good as flowers from Herbies seeds. Any Aussie looking for a internal source of seeds should have no issues with this seed bank.

In saying the above I can update with my second grow, which started on the Jan 1st 2023. Germination via tissue method only produced 70% tails, all were put to soil and the official success was 76%. Only one mutant in this grow. Removing the mutant brings the germination rate down to 72%. Average in my experience but also not as bad as old reports (20% germination and below). I might of had better success if I made an effort with the temperature, which was only 25 degrees celsius and below (probably closer to 20 degrees)

Mutants
    mutants.jpeg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi all, I wanted to add a germination review for Mediseedman here in Australia.

Number: 25 seeds

Variety: Wedding cake Feminised

Packaging: Tiny plastic container. I am guessing to protect from that supposed crush damage caused by the post reported by Mediseedman?

Preparation method: Soaked in water overnight. Applied to Tissue Method in the morning, double layer with about 8-10ml water soak. Water was filtered through Berkey water filter. Did not adjust pH, which is greater than pH of 8 (I adjust when I put to soil). To stop the tissue from drying out two small plates were used, where one was placed on top of the other.

Temperatures: probably below 18 degrees when soaking (slipped my mind about temperature for this stage, I recommend 24 degrees). Once applied to tissue method, 25 to 28 degrees.

Germination rate 24hrs after application to tissue method: 23 out of 25 seeds show tails at different lengths (92%). One seed in the first photo is hard to see its tail.

Photos: First two are of two separate germination plates. Next two are just of the tiny plastic container the seeds arrive in.
    2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

~End review~

Comments:

Mediseedman have a common complaint about bad gemination rates. I thought I would include my experience here to the community. Due to the bad germination rates I read about, I decided to purchase way more than I intend to actually grow.

I expect most will break ground when I apply to soil, like any other time I have seeds that produce tails. So I don’t see a reason to provide photos of actual growing plants.

I hope this review helps other Aussies. I will update with the final grow, including results of flowers legitimacy in the future in a new post. Probably within another forum topic. Honestly, I am not sure if it would be classed as still coming under seedbank area, or growing area?

Some context:

Cannabis basically saved my life. Basically, when COVID went into full swing and lockdowns were enacted, several other events in my personal life occurred. Which meant I was unable to work through these events and I was physically alone, as a result was made far worse. I was desperate and I absolutely hate the approach to solving mental health via a shotgun effect by providing meds until something works. So, I decided I would try cannabis, and it worked for me. It likely got me through the hardest period in my life.

I didn’t want to go through the normal avenues, I have no contacts, I am just a regular person really. In saying that due to growing worldwide legalisation, Australia’s laws are now absurd as a result. So I no longer could see an issue growing my own.

Backstory aside, my orders from Herbies have been failing as of late so I decided to try a Mediseedman while I obtain my resend seeds.

Why am I taking this risk and posting this? I am posting this to provide other Aussies like myself with options. People should be able to obtain seeds to grow their own clean bud, without needing to import said seeds.

The second reason. Australia’s laws are now absurd, even a joke because your able to grow in the ACT, which is within my state of NSW. Invisible boarders and legal fictions are not acceptable in the face of the massing amounts of evidence and facts, which continues to grow. If the system wants to remove someone who is not causing issues for the community, they are welcome. I won’t stop growing my own cannabis, and I refuse to source from the highly inefficient black market and medical avenues. If the system wants me to stop, hurry up and offer me more options via a legitimate open market.

Disclaimers:

1. The seeds sowed will not all be grown out. Only the 4 strongest plants will be grown for personal use. Yes that’s how bad the germination rates were that I read. I am not interested in stuffing around.

2. Mediseedman seeds I have germinated have a highly acceptable rate but as I say, “its not raining until its raining”. We are talking about a cannabis seedbank in Australia. I have not been able to find reports from users of the final flowers. Due to this, I accept that these could be hemp seeds. And unless someone can provide me with many final reports that the flowers are indeed legitimate, I stand by this disclaimer. My review only confirms germination rates, and nothing beyond that.

3. In case it was not clear above, I will repeat again. I am growing for my own personal use, a tool which has allowed me to manage my mental health. As a result I was able to hold down my job because I was not mentally disabled, and work through the various events that took place.

4. I used a burner email to make this account through Tor. So if I need to reset my password, or anything account related I will probably loose the account. In this case I will just make a new account in the future when I create a review on the final grow results.

5. People get weird when you post shipping methods. New flash, the authorities can just make a bunch of orders to see what shipping methods are like themselves. They don’t need to look at peoples photos on the internet.

6. As soon as I appear, I will vanish. This is enough exposure for me. I apologies in advance for not replying to comments or questions.

7. I am not about fighting “The Man”, or “The System”. But Australia is very quickly looking like a joke relative to the international community by dragging its feet. Its rather embarrassing. This is less a disclaimer, and more a dig at the current state of affairs as of this posting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. welcome to GC that was a great review keep them coming

3. Thread updated and concluded.

Due to events stated in update in initial post, its highly unlikely I will use these forums anymore due to the conflict of interest and strange bias. As you will note, apparently the title of my thread can no longer contain the company name. This was updated without my consent, which would be reasonable if a vast number of threads in the Seed Bank section were updated to exclude company names in their titles.

Please share this thread to other Aussies as it might be helpful. I do not know if the seed bank section will be hidden again in the future.

With this in mind, I would appreciate if others can direct message me other forums with an active community. Any future updates I will likely share there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I ordered 10 wedding cake feminized and only 3 germinated. They are growing nicely and will do a smoke report after harvest in a few months time. For now let's hope they uphold their germination guarantee.

• Like Like x 1