Auras?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 1bakedpotato, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Ok, so this is something that is usually buried in my subconcious but it comes out every now and then. What are your guys' take on auras? Are there such a thing? I can't say that I ever recall being able to see any, but after a trip on unmentionables (during a time of ego death) my girlfriend said she saw a golden aura around me and a "peaceful, angelic" look. Now, normally I'd just say 'Its the boom booms' but more and more I believe the whole thing.

I remember a few years back, before I even believed in spirituality (weird, right? i didnt believe in anything.. an observer of natural order) I remember walking across this little girl in the grocery market. I couldn't comprehend what happened, but my mind picked up her thoughts of the same nature. I remember as I walked past her thinking "what the fuck is a gold aura?"

Anyways, I was curious on your guys' perspective on the claims.

There are times when I seem to "feel" this aura, more oftenthen not its like a vibrant energy that I cant define or explain.

2. i do, to a point... to me, the "aura" is the bio-electric field that our bodies give off. wether that aura is capable of transmitting information such as emotional states or actual thoughts is something i'm still waiting on proof of before i put my vote into the "absolutely" hat.

it doesn't seem to be too far outside the realm of science to consider that maybe our bodies are acting like an antenna of sorts (with the nerves and blood vessels, which are capable of transferring electric impulses throughout them) and maybe people that are "good" at seeing auras have programmed their subconscious mind to overlay a colour depending on how agitated a person's emotional state is. transferring thoughts might not seem too far either but since we don't have the tools to be able to test this sort of phenomenon with any measure of accuracy means that we're going to have to wait until we have them before we can conclusively prove either way wether they exist or not.

3. Thanks for the response :smoke:

I wonder if its like, the same as walking into a room and getting a 'vibe' of the enviornment.. or when you meet someone and they're a little sketchy.

4. it might be. we're pretty good at the sciences but we're nowhere near knowing everything there is about life, the universe and everything. maybe one day it can be proven that this vibe is some sort of psychic residue or maybe the person is just really, really fucking good at reading people and understanding semiotics that they can get a feel for that sort of thing just with a glance.

5. Haha yeah :smoke: As the body is a projection of your thoughts

6. #6 ReallyRed, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
    yeah, but i think that's mainly more because we're so used to our bodies (with the possible exception of transgendered individuals who are just beginning to show the signs of gender dysphoria.) kinda like how the matrix put it when Neo asked why he saw himself as human.

I would like to think that maybe there are some that claim to be psychic as being legitimate (Even though frauds such as sylvia browne *spits* pervert the concept with her lies and money-loving bullshit.) but it would be an uphill battle. still, in the end i think that if it's going to happen, it will happen in it's due time. makes no sense trying to rush evolution... and we are imperfect so we probably don't know for shit how to even do that kind of thing (seriously, look at how cancer does it's thing... if we can't even control our own bodies to remove that sort of genetic anomaly, how can we say that we are ready, now, to embrace a major shift in evolution?)

(and for the record, yes, i did an e-spit at sylvia browne's name, spat at her name irl too. imo she sold what gifts she may have had for money and fame... she is warlock in my eyes.)

7. I've had my aura photographed 3 times by 3 different mediums, and each of the pictures looked almost identical to one another. I am surrounded by deep red, purple, and blue colors. And there is always what looks like 5 faces surrounding me. They're just hovering over me. The mediums all said they were my guides. Weird, but neat. ~shrugs~

8. i believe in vibes. everyone has their own wavelength, their own vibration. i think this is, however it happens, the recognition of part of the nonphysical aspect of ourselves. in a way, it's "seeing" that person for who they are fundamentally. you see their intentions, their soul. i also think that the more spiritually in-tuned and aware of the soul a person is, the more they have a tendency to "broadcast" their aura.

i realize that may sound impossibly detailed or exact, but i don't by any means think of what i explained about in any rigid or dogmatic way. that's just my best attempt at explaining a feeling inside of me. it's probably only truly understandable by someone who already knows what i feel.

9. It's hard for me to say honestly... the thing is we know our cells emit a very very minor amount of light, but the spectrum is very far from what the human eyes are capable of perceiving (it's often related to a very very weak laser). So I suppose yes, I believe our bodies have a very weak field of light surrounding them but 1. I don't think people can perceive them without extremely expensive electronic equipment and 2. I'm extremely partial to this field emitting specific colors depending on mood and type of person.. I'm pretty sure all biophotons emit the same "color" (although our eyes are incapable of perceiving its weak wavelength so it only appears as whatever color the device is programmed to show it as).

I believe biophotons may have a profound effect on our consciousness, but I don't believe they are color coordinated with our personality. I hate to sound judgemental, but I think anyone that claims to see auras should probably see a neurologist because there may be something wrong with their visual cortex.

10. Sounds kinda neat, like.. physical photographs? And what about the faces?

I'll :smoke: to that.

Haha thanks for the tip Dr. DBV. I'll let my gf know she's batshit crazy :p

Nah, like I said, the 2nd time someone mentioned something it was on boom booms and I was going through what i presume is ego death, the thing about the grocery market was a weird event I felt was relevant.

11. They all used some special kind of polaroid camera. It's just a photo of me, but all around me are these colors. Hovering just over me are 5 face figures. You can't make out features, but you can see some have long hair and others have short hair. I've always wondered if they were people who died who were close to me. There's my grandma, grandpa, pepaw, my dad, and I lost my best friend to cancer a couple of years ago too. I've been kind of anxious to have an aura photo taken again to see if there are anymore faces since I just lost both my in-laws last year. I just haven't been to another psychic fair in a while.

And this reminds me of an incident that happened to me many years ago, at least 18 years ago. I was coming out of a diner with my then boyfriend (we've long since married and divorced), and as we were coming out there was an old lady with a really young girl going in. This old lady looked every bit like the stereotypical Gypsy woman. She stopped dead in her tracks, and then she waved her arms in a big circle and said to the young girl, "Look at that magnificent aura!!" The young girl just said wow...lol At the time, I had no clue what she was talking about. But the old woman asked if she could hug me. I said sure. Why not, right?