August 2nd..

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by jordan8956, Jul 31, 2011.

1. #1 jordan8956, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    If the war on drugs had never been started or if marijuana had been taxed like people have proposed, we wouldn't be screwed this coming tuesday...thank you obama for being a liar..it's all the greedy retarded politicians faults who are going to screw over old people, veterans, and people on disability...countless people..these are evil times..with very evil people..

2. Actually, we owe 13 trillion dollars.
    That wouldn't solve the problem, and it isn't Obama's fault. Even if that happened, this wouldn't solve that. Because the war on drugs isn't just for marijuana and I believe it should be in place for harder drugs. Just look what's happening in Mexico.
    Please do research before you come ranting.

3. Lol I think you don't understand how much 13 trillion is. Even if we didn't have the drug war ever and taxed drugs , we still prob wouldn't even have a third of that.

4. If they would have kept it taxed since the 60's...man why do people question me before reading and fully understanding what I wrote?!

5. It's Bush's fault amiright? :rolleyes:

@OP You don't seem to realize that legalizing Cannabis would only result in BILLIONS of dollars of tax revenue (1 trillion=1,000 billion to put that into perspective).

6. I forgot to mention bush....yes screwed us bad

7. That wasn't much to read..

8. I'm pretty sure if we default the entire congress is ineligible to run for office or something. its in the constitution that it's their jobs to not let the country go into debt. so....if they dont pass it, they lose their jobs. yay?

9. They deserve it

10. How the U.S. got into such massive debt is beyond any one cause, it's a mixture of things. Cannabis regulation would have reduced it a bit, but wouldn't have saved the economy in the long-run.

11. This is true, but if there had never been a drug prohibition, half the wars/battles that happen wouldn't of happened.

The us spends something like a billion$ a year on the 'drug war'

12. :rolleyes: of course its not Obama's fault. There shouldn't be a war on drugs period. Whether it be for weed or other drugs.

They spend way more than a billion a year.

13. Eh, money aside completely, the war on drugs is still a joke and shouldn't be happening. It doesn't matter if it would bring in a zillion dollars a year or $5 a year. The war on drugs in unconstitutional so it shouldn't be in effect at all.

The money issues, like aforementioned, isn't because of one or two reasons. It has been a building problem for years. I don't blame Obama and I don't blame Bush. I blame the entire fucking government as a whole. You can argue "well, they did the most damage" all day but that doesn't matter because no matter what stupid idea they had, other members of the government agreed with it and let it go, so...

14. From Ronpaul.com

One might think that the recent drama over the debt ceiling involves one side wanting to increase or maintain spending with the other side wanting to drastically cut spending, but that is far from the truth. In spite of the rhetoric being thrown around the, real debate is over how much government spending will increase. No plan under ...serious consideration cuts spending in the way you and I think about it. Instead the cuts being discussed are illusory and are not cuts from current amounts being spent, but cuts in prospective spending increases. This is akin to a family saving $100,000 in expenses by deciding not to buy a Lamborghini and instead getting a fully loaded Mercedes when really their budget dictates that they need to stick with their perfectly serviceable Honda.

But this is the type of math Washington uses to mask the incriminating truth about the unrepentant plundering of the American people. The truth is that frightening rhetoric about default and full faith in the credit of the United States being carelessly thrown around to ram through a bigger budget than ever in spite of stagnant revenues. If your family's income did not change year over year, would it be wise financial management to accelerate spending so you would feel richer? That is what our government is doing, with one side merely suggesting a different list of purchases than the other.

In reality, bringing our fiscal house into order is not that complicated or excruciatingly painful at all. If we simply kept spending at current levels, by their definition of cuts that would save nearly $400 billion in the next few years, versus the $25 billion the Budget Control Act claims to cut. It would only take us five years to cut $1 trillion in Washington math just by holding the line on spending. That is hardly austere or catastrophic.

A balanced budget is similarly simple and within reach if Washington had just a tiny amount of fiscal common sense. Our revenues currently stand at approximately $2.2 trillion a year and are likely to remain stagnant as the recession continues. Our outlays are $3.7 trillion and projected to grow every year. Yet we only have to go back to 2004 for federal outlays of $2.2 trillion, and the government was far from small that year. If we simply referred to that year's spending levels, which would hardly do us fear, we would have a balanced budget right now. If we held the line on spending and the economy actually did grow as estimated, the budget would balance on its own by 2015 with no cuts whatsoever.

We pay 35% more for our military today than we did 10 years ago for the exact same capabilities. The same could be said for the rest of the government. Why has our budget doubled in 10 years? This country doesn't have double the population or double the land area or double anything that would require the federal government to grow by such an obscene amount.

In Washington terms a simple freeze in spending would be a much bigger cut than any plan being discussed. If politicians simply cannot bear to implement actual cuts to actual spending, just freezing the budget would give the economy the best chance to catch its breath, recover and grow.

15. ^

I wish he had more support :/

He's the only politician right now that I trust, and feel is not completely incompetent.

16. I posted this in another thread but its worth repeating here too : Fellow Blades and Bladettes . IT IS UP TO US TO SEE THAT HE GETS ELECTED!!! Do you want Him to win? If your answer is yes then I suggest that you get with it and comes election time, GET OUT AND VOTE. If you have to on voting day take a day of fasting from The Herb to make sure that you get up and get going . I love toking it up too but if i need to get things done i wait until my priorities are taken care of first then I enjoy the rest of the day. If he is going to be our best bet in the drug war against the people then i say lets give the fighting force he needs to win this election!

17. I will vote for him but do our votes even count? I thought presidents were selected not elected.

18. They are voted in and YES OUR VOTES COUNT. The moment you think your vote doesn't matter then you have already let the other person running win. If we do not stand with someone who has the same ideals as us when the time comes there will be no one to help or fight with us . Its not just about The Herb but about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness .