August 1, 2011: TV - Israel agrees to negotiate over pre-'67 lines

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Aug 2, 2011.

1. So you support the 1967 borders? I think it would be a very good step. But please, no NATO.

2. Definitely support 67 borders. And I only said NATO for peacekeeping cause the UN peacekeepers have a history of being horribly unhelpful if anything actually happens. But as of late NATO is evidently a little too aggressive perhaps.

3. Agreed. Also NATO was founded on the prinicple that if one member state was attacked, all others would help out. That is clearly not what they are currently doing. And Israel is also not a member.

4. Perhaps NATO or the UN are not the answer ?

With as unique and complex a situation such as the Israeli/Palestine one and the difficulties that would be faced in "supporting/facilitating" a Peace deal something unique is required in my opinion.

5. Would you support the Palestinians push for statehood recognition at UN level ?

6. Sure, as long as they do not start an intifada on top of it. Nonviolence from Palestinians will be supported by the Israelis, no doubt.

7. What makes you think that the Palestinians want statehood to start a war ?

I cannot understand how you can link the two.

If the Palestinians had statehood they would be entitled to look for UN protection from Israeli incursions and attacks but this is hardly a declaration of war.

8. Now, did I say that they want to declare statehood to start a war? Nope.

I am saying that without a negotiated agreement with Israel, their declaration of statehood, which as I said I support, will not change the situation on the ground, which will cause widespread anger.

And last I checked the facebook group for Intifada #3 was unfortunately tens of thousands strong, scheduled for September.

Like I also said before, I would surely support a nonviolent intifada. History challenges my optimism, but it remains.

Lastly, I highly doubt the UN would interfere with Israeli "incursions," which you curiously left out, are always retaliatory. It is fully mandated within international law for a nation to counterattack. The magnitude of which is debatable.

9. It is indeed debatable whether the UN would respond seeing as the US would veto anything that would be seen as censor or action against Israel whatever the incursion/invasion committed.

There will be no negotiated agreement unless the Israeli government take action to halt the settlements.
    However in recent days i have being speaking to some activists on the ground and they are very hopeful and optimistic that the Israeli government under the mounting pressure that is upon them is perhaps about to act.

With a freeze on the settlements and official Palestinian recognition of Israel as a "Jewish" state a deal could be done.
    The PA have conceded in private that upon a halt to the settlements that they would give the required declaration.

The non extremist Israeli civilian is sick of this conflict like his non extremist Palestinian brother is sick of this conflict.

I believe dude that finally peace is within sight.:eek:

10. I wish my country was truly democratic so the people could decide to get the fuck out of NATO. :mad:

11. I hate living in the United States of Israel