Audi tt Roadster

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by dankzombie, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Is this car worth $8, 000?

2. #2 xpixiex, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Yessir.

But what year are you speaking of? What specific model?

3. Kelly Blue Book is your friend.

4. I thought he found one selling for $8000. If he has, I'd say he should get it.

It seems very unlikely that he has found it for that price.

5. ForumRunner_20130121_000533.png

This to be more specific. 2001 Audi TT Roadster with 80k. Convertible, glove like leather seats, bose sound system, nav system, pussy magnet, full package.

Attached Files:

6. There was a 2002 Audi TT with 60k miles with a price of $10,000 on my local craigslist.

So yeah, $8,000 for a 2001 sounds about right.

7. Looks like a woman's car to me my friend..

8. Thats what he meant by pussy magnet. He's going to look gay as fuck, but the girls are going to want to drive his car around.

9. Yes it's worth it I have a 2001 coupe with mods. Yes it's a pussy magnet. I have had more than my fair share if compliments. Get it! Join vwvortex.com and get a Bentley manual and you'll be set man!

10. The thing is I looked at a lot of reviews and the majority of people say that it breaks down a lot. Has yours needed any repairs?

11. my friend had one and i don't remember him having it break down ever and he drove it like it should be driven. I like the car, would def try and snag it after reading the carfax

12. No people just don't know how to take care of them.. If you get it make sure it had te timing belt tensioner and components replaced and water pump. Do that if it hasn't and you Gould be good. If you get it pm me and I'll give you a whole list of things on maintenance and when to do it.

-like anything, if you know what you to look for proactive is Better an cheaper than reactive

13. I see, it is a high maintenance car though uh? The only thing that says was replaced was the alternator. So is a bad price if those items you mentioned haven't been replaced? Cuz the clutch might need to be replaced soon too.

14. @midnighttoke yours is so modified that its not really a good judge or reliability. Dont you have aftermarket pistons rods manifolds turbo tune tranny etc? Also you probably know more about maintenance/autowork than (at least)80% of the people that bought these cars.

On another note my roommate had one of these for a while, it was an 03 couple 1.8t auto and it was a pretty nice car, never gave him any problems although it really wasnt that fast and he got rid of it because the mileage with the auto wasnt worth the performance. He now has a brand new mazda 2

15. [quote name='"dankzombie"']

The thing is I looked at a lot of reviews and the majority of people say that it breaks down a lot. Has yours needed any repairs?[/quote]

It is a vw. Lol.

Seriously though, anyone ive talked to about their vw/audi had problems and didnt really care for it.

16. Damn seems to have more cons than pros overall! The truth is idk how to drive stick and would learn on it. I currently have a 99 accord that needs the motor fixed and I'm seeing if it's better to get the audi or fix the entire accord.

17. i personally would save myself some dough and get a vw. for that amount of money you could get a far newer golf or jetta that will have the same drivetrain. I pretty much guarantee you could get a newer vr6 for less than that tt.

18. If you have an accord, the reliability of the audi/vw will shock you. Im not telling you what to get, but in most cases the vw/audi is gonna be less reliable. All the tt is anyways is a convertable beetle.

19. A golf would be nice too, the factor why I want the audi is because it's convertible and looks so nice but it's starting to look like is not worth the trouble.

20. Audi is nice but the maintenance is high and expensive. It's a fun joyride car but you may want to find something else for cheaper unless you can afford $500 for replacing the headlights or $400-1000 to fix a window.