ATTN: TN NORML Supporters

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by RMJL, Nov 5, 2003.

1. I got this email today. Thought I'd share with the Tennesseans!

Dear NORML Supporters:

In a swirl of activity, a small group of people has been meeting for a few months and we're ready to go/grow. We're very excited. Basically, we're charting 3 agencies at once:

Tennessee Chapter of NORML
    Drug Policy Education Council
    Tennessee Alliance for Medical Marijuana

We hope to unite volunteers from Norml, LEAP, here, there, and everywhere to run a campaign for as long as it takes. We need a core of people who are committed to holding volunteers together in the 3 grand regions of Tennessee.

NORML board member and DPEC president Paul Kuhn has already spoken with a powerful state senator. Sen. Steve Cohen is very supportive and looking for a new project. It is probable that he will take on medical marijuana, at least. Maybe more after that. There are funding sources, we're told.

Anyway, DPEC and TAMM will be modeled after groundbreaker for the South, none other than Arkansas. Interested NORMLers should visit Dpeg.org and
    Ardpark.org to see what we're organizing for Tennessee. We're looking for people to set up watchdog and volunteer networks in East, Middle and West Tennessee. We think Rutherford County is ready for Sensible Local Initiative. With your help, we can do this.

We're meeting Saturday morning, November 8, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Nashville at a private home, very informal, near the intersection of I440 and West End Avenue. Tennessee NORMLers should RSVP to me at
    Tenn.Alliance@earthlink.net or 615-320-1314 for directions and recommendations for cheap accommodations and stuff. Ya'll come and we'll make us some history together. We'll make the world a better place for our young 'uns and have some fun too.

Cordially yours,

Barbara Walker, Ph.D.
    Executive Director (Volunteer)

2. Are you going RMJL???

The meeting will only be 40 mins for me to get there.. I don't know what (if any) help that i may be..

3. Good luck RMJL...glad to see TN starting to get on the medical mj train....chugga chugga wooo woooo!

Peace