Attitude seeds didn’t germ.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Smokexbreak, Dec 2, 2018.

1. But that slow growth you spoke of earlier reeks to high heaven of seed stunting.

It happens. It’s not an insult. But super slow seed growth is called stunting. The good news is this:

Once you pinpoint your issue, they can and will bounce back.

2. Yes the one Brooklyn Sunrise that did germ was stunted for sure. I’ve never grown an auto but my photos grow twice as fast as this one did. I just uppotted her to two gallons and I believe she shot her first pistols today.

3. The thing is this... viable seeds all have everything they need to sprout and put out the first two tiny round leaves. If you don’t see growth happening after that, your seedling is stunted. End of story.

But the fact they can sprout with it’s own stored nutes will throw growers off into thinking everything must be good because look, they SPROUTED! Right?

Funny thing is most growers that experience stunting probably don’t even realize it. They just pain thru the slow times never fully understanding why it was so slow growing.

Or end up killing the seedlings by throwing nutes and water at them etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I feed from the moment the seed sprouts, twice a day. No relying on cotyledons here. that’s in Tupur or coco, soil I feed every 2 or so with a syringe

5. But to the OP. If you get more seeds from anywhere and would like some help germing them then pm me. I’m always happy to help.

Seedlings can be tricky. Seeds too. From never popping to pop n rot to stunted, nute burned etc...

I’ve seen it all and sadly experienced most. But I’d say 99% of my issues were caused by myself. 1% was just due to some suuuuuuuuper old bagseeds I had sitting in a shed for 10 years. Thru hot ass summers and extreme winters, and even then I got 2 out of 5 to go.

6. I’m sorry I just realized I was the OP.

So it was
    (2) Aurora indicas
    (1) lemon zkittles
    (1) blueberry gum
    (1) LSD

I did the paper towel method and got no tap roots. Then popped them into my soil still nothing. However I went and bought root root pods dug those suckers up and put them in the root riots and 3/5 sprouted. Used these same pods for 5 more seeds and 5/5 sprouted I believe i found what works for me so I’m going to keep running with it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just sprouted a lemon zkittles couple weeks ago myself

[​IMG]

8. Unfortunately it was one of the 2/5 of the first ones that didn’t pop.

9. The pics under my LEDs suck but it’s the only light I have.

And those pods are generically called rapid rooters and are by far superior for seed sprouting and rooting than anything else

10. I’m really disappointed honestly the two strains i really wanted to try didn’t pop.

11. I'm halfway through week 6 of flower growing 707 Headband, LSD and Peyote Critical. Unfortunately, spider mites found the LSD. It's in the same tent as the Peyote Critical and the 707 Headband, which have been entirely unaffected by the damn mites.

I'm still expecting at least an okay yield from the LSD, spider mites or not. This is how she looked on Monday.

Week 13 - Bloom week 6 (5).JPG
    Week 13 - Bloom week 6 (6).JPG

12. Spider mites are a bitch and will not be contained by a tent for long. Meaning they will spread to every area you got eventually.

Had them only once before in a previous location. I can say they went from barely noticeable to completely destroying an entire crop in only 2 weeks.

I completely cleaned the room with bleach, waited 6 weeks before growing again and then always wore a long lab coat over my clothes when going into rooms to avoid outside contamination. Also keeps smell off your clothes.

Don’t do what I did when I found mites (nothing). Get some neem or some spray and kill them. Just do a water rinsing spray for couple of days before you chop.

13. I hate the idea of spraying buds, but it beats having entire buds and colas blanketed in webs with hundreds of mites inside each one.

My entire crop looked like this (in just 2 weeks time):

[​IMG]

Spider mites invented the phrase “We don’t die - we MULTIPLY!”

• Like Like x 1
  14. I released predatory mites, which is keeping the spread of the spider mites down, but it's not getting rid of them. I've got neem oil and plant soap on order, and in the meantime I've put some tall sticks in the pot for the mites to climb up, where I wipe em off with Clean Green. Not a perfect fix, but hopefully I can get the plant through another three weeks to harvest mature buds instead of yanking early, which I had to do with my last grow and for the same reason. goddam spidermites mutter grumble :poop::angry: lol

15. The only way to really kill them is to remove all their food source, wait for all eggs to hatch and for them all to die off. Then sterilize the room before restarting. I live in CO. EVERYTHING you buy here has been sprayed with pesticides. Says so on label of every container. Because the ppl in it for the money dont care, and are not gonna shut down a whole room for weeks etc.... and every major grower out here has them and why you should never buy clones from stores out here.

16. This is my second grow. For some reason, I decided to try growing without using neem oil. LOL... I won't make that mistake again! From now on I'm treating my plants for spider mites as a matter of course while they're in veg.

I completely cleaned and sterilized my tent and all equipment before starting this grow.... not sure how I'm going to deal with this infestation now because I have another crop coming into flower. I guess I'll set up my veg tent as a temp bloom tent while I scrub the bejeezus out of the main tent, then repeat the process on the veg tent when I move the bloomers back into the flowering tent.