Attitude seeds didn’t germ.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Smokexbreak, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Had 5 different strains I tried to germ to no avail. 5/5 and nothing. Idk what’s more infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Order directly from the breeder to reduce the odds of that happening. And unavoidable mixups

3. Yeah I’m done with seed banks

4. Yea honestly a lot of big breeders ship internationally now.. buy direct and you know they are as fresh as can be and you'll probably get better deals and freebies..

5. What were the seeds?

And how did you germ them? O for 5????

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Seeds are seeds... I have had 10+ year old seeds germ with no issues.

With that said, it’s not like you can easily tell which ones are good or bad by looking at them so it’s hard to blame Attitude. Are they just supposed to resend every order to people who claim bad seeds? They’d be out of biz fast.

How would they know the seeds were really bad and not messed up by user error? Or that the person is even being honest?

I’ve ordered from them dozens of times with no issues.

7. Just reminds me of one time when I thought the same thing, but about the breeder not the shop. I had 3 barney’s farm blue cheese pop then die. I quickly screamed GENETICS!!! And cursed bf. Then did some more research and realized, I killed them with ignorance.

Firstly, I calibrated my pH meter and realized it was way off. And used rockwool cubes so pH matters!

Then I waterlogged the cubes and drowned the seeds. (Easy to do with rockwool).

Once I realized this. Every bean afterwards has been fine. Even re-ordered the bf bc beans again and they had no issues. I was just being careless the first time and it cost me about $30.

Let’s hear what seeds and what process you uses. I’m assuming you got freebies too so it’s statistically rare for all seeds to be bad but on the other hand odds are strongly in favor of user error.

Just sayin.

8. I just had a whole order of bad seeds from GYO. They shipped them in a blister pack with 2 compartments slightly open. That should have been my first sign that things weren’t going to go well.

I soak seeds until they sink in 5.5 ph water with URB innoculant. Then they spent amost two weeks in paper towels moistened with same mixture in an open baggie between two plates on my heat run or next to fireplace. One Brooklyn Sunrise Auto finally germed two weeks later and has been super slow growing since.

9. From what I understand, reputable seed banks replace defective seeds, within reason. But if all the seeds across several strains died I'd suspect the environment or method of germination before I suspected the seeds.

10. Or they sent all bad seeds. I can’t speak for the OP, but my methods went over and above to no avail. And I’ve germed hundreds

11. I suppose so, yeah.

12. wow thats pretty crazy. I've been ordering from attitude for about 8 years and have never had a seed not pop. I HAVE had autos not be autos before, but never not pop (even the free ones) and I've bought literally hundreds of beans from them.
    I don't have any special methods either. I seed directly into pots to pop them.

You should definitely have a chat with them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sounds like they are stunted. Look into seed stunted growth. I think you will find it very useful.

The fact you ‘had’ to have them in paper towel for so long should have been a red flag that something in the environment isnt right. Also i advise against makeshift heat pads as they can cook your seeds.

Also there are MANY factors that can contribute to stunted seedlings. Sadly all of them are due to user error.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Would it make you feel better or worse to know I just went 12/12 with attitude order I got 2-3 weeks ago?

I’d be curious if we have any of the same freebies. Did you get in on any promos?

15. This wasn’t user error. It was dead seeds. I’m not a new grower. I don’t even use paper towels normally. Just after these refused to germ and they still wouldn’t after almost two weeks in them

16. Bro it’s not a check on your skills. Even the most experienced growers make mistakes or get careless.

But I wouldn’t blame the company who sells them as if they are doing this intentionally.

17. You might not but I will. When all other orders from better seedbanks germinate with a good rate and these shit the bed with perfect environment. Everyone has a few seeds that don’t go, that’s life. But this one is all on GYO. And I’m not the only one. They have been screwing over a lot of growers

18. If you want less headaches germing seeds, get rapid rooters.

If seeds crack even slightly in glass of water you run risk of drowning the roots if not moved fast enough.

Just put entire seed in rapid rooter and water it. The seeds know what to do when given the proper environment.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Never used GYO. Came here because it was Attitude in the title and just had 3 perfect orders from them recently. Then 0-5 on diff strains with no info on how it was done. I wouldn’t be so quick to blame attitude is all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I germ right in Royal Gold Tupur. You won’t drown seeds unless leaving them in water for 2-3 days after they crack. 24 hrs is the norm. I have been soaking and planting in Tupur or coco/perlite for a few years now and haven’t used the paper towels until this last experience with GYO. I ordered from them hoping to try some autos for the first time.