Attitude Seed Shipments being seized by US customs at Chicago

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by reboot181, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Thanks @mikelowry now my mouth is already watering and my beans aren't even here yet. Thanks for the tips. Will definitely keep it in mind when the girls are up and running

2. #722 Cactus Ed, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    I don't see how you said anything here that was out of line.  Some people just love to bitch so don't worry about it.  Are you saying your Attitude shipment got thru customs and then a dog somewhere sniffed the seeds out, a sheriff came to your door, you gave them permission to open the package and they found the seeds and socks?  What do you mean your lawyer was floored?

There's nothing wrong with saying the seeds were sent inside some socks, that's one of the options on the order form so how big of a secret could it possibly be? 

3. that is the exact situation ed, I watched a package get thru customs and make it to the next big city from me.  then it stalled for a week.   within that week it got sent to the other side of the state, sniffed by dogs and then the sheriff and post office guy came to my door, saying they could arrest me.  

usually, once mail reaches that first big city, it is no more than 3-4 days and it never is sent to that other city, so something was up already at that point.

the reason lawyer is floored is b/c the cop and post office guy are telling me they know I ordered that package, they have my outgoing order, and know there 'was $100 in there, so we know you ordered this'.    

that is not true, there was not $100.   I think now, after some time to settle down, maybe our little local post is on the know about anything ordered from UK.   so my biggest mistake therefore would've been sending it in person, registered mail.   If I'd of sent it just mail from some drop box in town, maybe this all wouldn't have bit so hard.  

for the stealth, yes, it is listed online that way and I thought it would be a bit harder to find if opened, nope!   that's why I mentioned it, I think stealth should've meant a bit more.   

thanks so much for talking with me, I feel pretty lost at sea here!   my biggest fear is the re-send coming this week, no tracking, said it was going a route that 'if your address is tagged, it will go around that'.   i don't know what that means, so not sure what to expect.

4. Try paying with bitcoins. Great promo on bitcoin purchasing on attitude and I have found a couple other specials online in grow and headshops available only to bitcoin purchases. Just a suggestion. Its anonymous you can send the parcel to your address with another name on it if you wanted

5. I'm sorry this has happened to you.  I think stealth is all hype.  Putting the seeds inside a flashlight or pair of socks can't possibly hide them from the x-ray machine at customs and can't hide the smell from dogs, nothing can I don't think.  It may help a bit if some nosey person at your house opens your mail. My guess is that a dog somewhere alerted on your package and not knowing it was only seeds they followed up.  If they intercept more seeds for you, deny they are yours and accuse them of sending the package themselves and get outraged at them for going after a single girl minding her own business like you're some kind of drug lord.

I had several orders in a row confiscated at customs and thought my address was flagged.  So many people have had their seeds intercepted by customs and had no problems with subsequent orders that I no longer think that and my last order went thru okay.

Please keep us informed.  So did you get to keep the socks?

6. #726 josiedog, Mar 30, 2015
    nope, I told them to keep the socks.  I am sorry I told them they could open it--mistake!   no one here at my home is opening my mail. 

I cannot believe this has happened to me--I'm as harmless as could be, just want to do my own thing, quietly, privately.   I don't want to go buy my goods from some little punk on the street.   

I am sending you a big ol hug, thanks so much for your kindness.

I will keep you posted, this week will tell.   I'm nervous.

7. #727 Cactus Ed, Mar 30, 2015
    You'll be fine. They have nothing except a package some anonymous person sent you that you never got.  You've made me wonder about the wisdom of sending registered letters to seed banks.  I guess the PO can prove you sent a registered letter and now they can prove someone mailed you seeds but I don't see how they could prove the connection between the two, even if they thought it was worth spending $20,000 investigating.

8. Keep everything as run of the mill as possible.

Sent from Skylab

9. if i ever get brave enough again, I'd only do a gift card.   sending the registered thing is what stirred the pot, hahah, no pun intended but it came out that way!  

I'll post again when and if this re-send shows up.  

and if I can help with my story, I don't want anyone else falling into this trap!   I'd been better off sending plain ol mail, drop it into some box without my return address and hoping for the best.  now I'm out the $$, the beans, and have the local pokey on my tracks.   blah!

the lawyer chuckled when he heard how few items have caused all the fuss anyhow.   less than 10

10. Sounds like a scare tactic to get you to admit guilt.

There's nothing illegal about getting illegal things mailed to you without your knowledge, anyone can do that to incriminate you if there was.

The only way they are going to get you to admit is if you either confess to ordering it (like if they strongarm you into thinking they know more than they do) or the package needs a signature upon receiving which shows you acknowledged the package.

If law enforcement have to ask permission to do something, even if you have nothing to hide you should always refuse. That's your right. If they really want to know, they can go through the mounds of paperwork to get there to find out. Refusing can't be used to indicate guilt.

I've ordered from Attitude before, I don't think they include an invoice in their package or that would be very dumb of them.

Using another name is both suspicious and lowers your chance of receiving a package. Like I mentioned before, there's nothing illegal or incriminating about someone else sending you a package to your name and address, UNTIL you either sign for it or bring the package inside and open it, making you now in possession of illegal paraphernalia.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Sounds like a scare tactic to get you to admit guilt.

There's nothing illegal about getting illegal things mailed to you without your knowledge, anyone can do that to incriminate you if there was.

The only way they are going to get you to admit is if you either confess to ordering it (like if they strongarm you into thinking they know more than they do) or the package needs a signature upon receiving which shows you acknowledged the package.

If law enforcement have to ask permission to do something, even if you have nothing to hide you should always refuse. That's your right. If they really want to know, they can go through the mounds of paperwork to get there to find out. Refusing can't be used to indicate guilt.

I've ordered from Attitude before, I don't think they include an invoice in their package or that would be very dumb of them.

Using another name is both suspicious and lowers your chance of receiving a package. Like I mentioned before, there's nothing illegal or incriminating about someone else sending you a package to your name and address, UNTIL you either sign for it or bring the package inside and open it, making you now in possession of illegal paraphernalia.

Sorry for the double post.

11. I agree with Cactus Ed, they only have it in record you sent a letter to a seed bank. Unless that letter was screened and something suspicious was found such as drug residue or bomb residue, there should be know reason for them to have opened it and have knowledge of the contents. Like I said, this is likely a scare tactic that they know about it just to get you to admit guilt.

As for the package with the seeds, I'm almost certain Attitude uses a few different return addresses, so as long as its not the same as the address you mailed your letter too, the connection they claim they have is iffy at best.

And I understand you are a harmless person just wanting to be the safest in procuring your meds. We all are, for the most part, and drug laws are some of the dumbest things to exist in this country.

I live in a state where people are serving life in prison for solely marijuana related crimes. Nonviolent. And we border a state where it's recreationally legal. The hypocrisy knows no bounds. We could all take a lesson from Portugal, they've decriminalized all drugs and treat addicts of harder substances as sick people, not people needing to be punished.

They are considering implementing a lifetime sentence for hash production. Thank you, Mary Fallon.

At least we aren't southeast Asia where in some countries a plant would indicate intent you sell, which carries a mandatory death penalty.

12. no package yet today, but your words here have really made my day.  

no invoice in the package from attitude.   at least there was that good point.

there was also no return address, so now again, that i'm all calmed down again, who said I sent for anything??   what cash I might have sent, was wrapped in a snack wrapper--foil, so no way unless opened, they'd know what it was.  and they guessed the wrong $$$, that was a big tip to me.

this one that may still arrive, they say they are 'going around if my address is tagged'.   really curious as to what that means but will have to wait to find out.   its from a diff company

so do I bother sending another letter to attitude since I didn't get my order?   seems I found an old address of mine that will still get forwarded, and if i mail my request from a drop box, no return, that seems pretty safe?

13. Why not email? I believe they are discrete.

•Jazz• Current Crops
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using GrassCity Forum Mobile app

14. Maybe it's different for your state, but I was under the impression seeds are not illegal unless germinated.

•Jazz• Current Crops
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using GrassCity Forum Mobile app

15. Why would a state cop come to your door over a federal offense? And not saying a dog can not detect a smell for seeds but that is highly unlikely.i have personally witnessed a dog not hit on a substantial amount of cannabis. They say they had your outgoing order?.. ..seeds contain no thc so what would the charge be when cannabis seeds are considered a novelty item?.seeds are not cannabis. Just does not make any sense in all aspects. Worse case scenario should be they are confiscated. It is very hard to make a case stick for this..especially when it is suppose to be considered a federal offense and the feds have mad either very clear it is not there job to go after small shit..now if you ordered a thousand lot of seeds I could possibly see the feds at your door but more then likely they would allow them to reach you and wait and see where the grow is.. a thousand plant bust is more sought after then a thousand seed bust..

16. #736 ludachris420, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015

17. lol.. I use to live there..I left failing fallins ignorant laws state a while ago and totally enjoy my new legal sister state of theres..loved it even before am64 laws came into effect. And the 2 to life hash law has been in effect there for a while now jsyk..it even includes a kief grinder with a pollen screen..anything that is considered concentrated carries a 2 to life sentence. .man I miss that Place none at all..lol

18. I'm not sure what your point is.  Are you saying you don't believe a dog alerted on Josie's seeds and the sheriff followed up?  Do you understand they couldn't open the package so they didn't know what was in it, they only knew the dog alerted as if it smelled drugs.  It could have been a pound of hash for all they knew. They opened it only after she said it wasn't hers and that's when they knew it was only seeds. 

19. #739 ludachris420, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    yeah..I'm saying I do not believe a state cop came over to his house for a federal offense.and trying to use a pound of hash analogy in refrence to the same smell as a pack of seeds makes no sense..you can clearly tell in my post that I found it unlikely that a dog detected seeds buddy! I never called him a liar. I Cleary stated I found all this to be the unlikely reasons there was a state cop at his door. I never even said it was not possible that a state cop could show up for a federal offense or that it was impossible for a dog to detect cannabis seeds..I said I found it hard to believe. I do not have to agree to everything people say nor do I have to take there word for it and last time I checked I had the right to state my opinion..thank you and f. Off!

20. Another butt hurt internet tough guy pushing out his chest and making fists.  I think you're insecure and can't handle your assumptions being questioned.