Attic(Loft) GRoom Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by v3P, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Hello!

I've finally plummeted down to earth and started my own GRoom!! Ive been a stoner for about 17 years and i have never actually done this before -- Although a lot of my friends have and i've helped out pruning etc i still refuse to take advice off them as i'm getting mixed responses on what way to go about this so instead i'm going to be doing this all on my own with alot of research!

I started off buying a Roof Qube tent which was too big for the area so ive packed it up ready for another room when i get around to it :D

I've put MDF boards around the area where i plan on the room being (unfinished - gotta cut 2 more pieces). I also ordered enough Kingspan to insulate the area along with the wall. I am however having some issues with the big entrance, i'm unsure what to do, Do i use more MDF and board it up or do i just use Mylan Sheeting instead? (In the picture - on the opposite side where the wall is showing i'm having trouble covering as its all open)

All comments, suggestions and flaws are more than welcome!!

Thanks guys

v3P!

Attached Files:

2. No advice, suggestions or anything? lol//

3. I don't have much to say except this; if you live in a place where it's illegal to grow and it snows during the winter season then you may want to change location. Because the heat from the grow room will melt the snow and give your operation away.

That's how cops in Netherlands catch growers. You're not allowed to have more than five plants over there.

4. Im subbed up. My old grow was in an attic space much like yours. Same peak and everything. Proper insulation prevents the snow melting, not to mention roofs are designed to keep snow off it(cause of the danger if the weight builds).

Only issue I see is attics get hot as camel piss in the summer and cold as a strippers heart in the winter. I battled it constantly.. my girls leaves went purple from the cold temps went they were flowering. Excited to see what tou do with it.

5. My suggestion is to get the black/white poly from your local hydroponic store and line the walls with that instead. Easy to staple on, durable, and easy to seal the room with.

lol it up

[​IMG]

7. #7 Root, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
    Insulate it up

Edit: this can also be caused by an attic thats not air tight. Doesnt just mean theres a grow room. If you keep your grow small, noones going have any reason to believe its not just a poor insulation/vapor barrier problem. Cops dont drive around knocking on peoples doors because they have melted snow on a section of roof.

8. Thats one thing ive been worried about but we very rarely get snow over here and when we do its never to much it rains and melts away haha. Shitty UK Weather.

My insulation turned up i need to cut it down and put it up then i will be using black and white sheeting, I just need to get this room finished the insulation took 3 weeks to turn up lol. Will post more picture once the room is complete. 

Thanks for the advice guys!

9. Summer = HOT HOT HOT in an attic. I think you'd need an AC to manage the heat.