Attic grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TnTeems, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Alright here's the deal. I'm finally a medical patient and compassion clubs and dispensaries are just way too expensive and risky, so I'm growing my own. I have an 8'x8' area built to grow in. I'm using a 4'4 area to grow with the scrog method (due to low ceiling height) and a 4'x4' area I'm going to standard grow in. The rest of the space will be used for veg, supplies and whatever else I can use it for. Now my main concerns are lighting and temperature control. I planned on getting two 600w hps for the flower process (one for each room) and a 4ft 8 tube T5 lamp for veg. Will that be enough? I don't want to run 1000w just based solely on the price of electricity. Temps drop down to the teens here (Michigan) during the winter but the room never gets below 50. Will the heat from my lamps bring the room up to the right temp or should I run a space heater? I know I'll need a space heater for the veg room but I'm hoping that the flower rooms won't need one. I'm running a passive intake from the room below so there will be heat coming from that, but not much. Anything y'all can help with will be welcomed with open ears, or eyes in this case.

2. The 600 is way more efficient than the 1000. You may need a space heater especially when the lights are out. Growing in the attic is a pain but it can be done if you time it right.

I quit try to grow in the summer months due to heat issues. My last grow finished in mid June of 2011 and I pulled just under 8 oz with a 600.

I strongly recommend taking a look at the Organic section for a water only soil mix. This makes growing SO MUCH EASIER.

Good luck.