Attic Box Micro Grow Journal (First Try)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gcmsboy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Alright guys. I posted something similar to this thread in the Beginners section of the growing forums.

So far I have a home made grow box in a tight attic spot. Its in a box that 19 inches high and if at all possible I would love to be able to complete a small grow in their.

I have planted a seed after i germinated it with potting soil mixed with vermiculite.

So, should I start this on 12/12 to make it flower as early as possible?
    Also how much should I water it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anyone think this will work?

3. Not trying to bump every minute, but i just realized that my box is at 60 degrees right now, but during the day when the suns out its probably about 70 or higher. Whats the lowest it needs to be. I cant really control the temperature unless i add more lights ( which i did) because the temp of my attic fluctuates with the outside temp.
    I could cut the fan off and that would stop pulling so much cold air in.

4. not sure your going to be able to flower in that need a shorter pot thats for sure

5. Yea I know. I have a lot of different pots. I was using this one to get it close to the light.

6. it's a squeeze for sure but I think it can be done. I have a similar sized box, the link is in my signature. you would of been better off having the box up on its end giving you more head room but as you have installed the fan already it would probably be too much of a Dick about now to change it.

what you could do with is suspend a wire mesh screen just under the lamps and train your plant to it. this will allow the plant good time to veg and keep the canopy low. it will also keep the canopy optimum distance from the bulb

as for temps, I don't understand Fahrenheit but I like to keep mine under 30'c and above 18'c. but preferably around 25'c

7. here a few photos of an old ScrOG I did showing you how to utilize a screen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Thanks for the advice. I plan on using a short wide pot when I transplant. And for the mesh screen. Does that kinda stop the plants at that point where the screen is? And should I start on 12/12 to maximize chances of fitting in the box

9. I'm not sure what you mean, but you train all the growing shoots to the screen keeping the canopy low. when the canopy is almost full switch to 12/12

10. My baby is beginning to grow. I have two seeds planted and it's on 24/0 now. The temp is close to 77 right now it's a warm day today.

Attached Files:

11. I also moved them a lot closer to the lights (about 3 to 4 inches)

Any tips? Every little bit of advice is taking into consideration and greatly appreciated.

12. Not trying to bump all the time but my baby's are both sprouting. And I'm high as fuck and drunk and I want to water them but I'm scared goodnight

13. Sorry for my outburst tonight. But of my plants it growing odd.

The one In the cup was planted two days ago straight into soil.
    The one in the red pot was 3 days ago into a growing cube.

The one in the red pot was a seed I got in some kush a while back, and the one in the white cup was some bag seed. So I hope I can keep the kush growing strong

But does everything look alright?

Attached Files:

14. Looks ok man. Might just not have been deep enough when you planted the seed but should be fine once it establishes its roots a little more. Good luck

15. It's straightend up and oped up a lot sense I watered it this morning.

16. if you keep watering as often as your doing you will get problems. only water after the soil has dried up. it looks sopping and no way those little plants will drink all that water in such a small period of time. allowing the soil to dry gives fresh air to the roots. having it wet all the time will literally drowned the plants

having a fan blowing on the plants is a must. this allows much faster respiration thus faster growth

hope this helps :)

17. Preciate it. As for your method of puttig a mesh screen above the plants for them to grow to. Do you have to train the plants to different parts of the screen or will they naturally find a spot to go to? And do you think I could grow both of these plants at once? If so I was probably going to transplant into one big tub container like you have your plants in your micro grow.

18. yeah they will grow all over the place so you got to train them to go where you want them to using the screen. when they have filled the screen you know they are making the most out of the light. 2 plants grow just fine together :)

19. This is how they are looking today, the plant in the red pot seems like it wasn't rooted properly

Attached Files:

20. Couple questions.

First- I'm using natural rain water that's been collected in a barrel. I haven't started to test the ph, not adjust it yet. I can go buy one if I absolutely need to. But anyone else tried this before instead of using water from the tap.

Second- I'm probably gonna do a scrog method. How wide should the mesh wire be. Or how much room in between each section should be aloud? I'm just trying to get everything straight.