Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Attention SoCAL MMJ users

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Crazyawesome, Oct 12, 2011.

1. I understand that theres an MMJ sub forum but I wanted to get Apprentice Tokers take on this situation. For people familiar with the SoCal med scene, clinics are being shut down and now the largest focus of clinics in one area ( Lake Forrest) is being shut down. For those who dont know, In Lake Forrest there is 6 or 7 clinics all right next to each other, but not for much longer :( Thoughts? From what I understand they have 35 days to shut down :(

2. Most of the clinics they are cracking down on are in some sort of violation of either Prop 215 or SB 420, which in turn must adhere to local government ordinances, either of which they could be violating. There are too many growers and clinics and state generated revenue for all of it to go away.

3. Ya a lot of those places were probably to close to a school or something. The Feds FIND things these clubs are doing illegally...

So if the clubs didn't do anything illegal in the first place they'd be fine. They were probably selling QP's n shit also.

4. Yeah, and I used to think the same thing...not any more.

Food for thought...if these clinics are violating State law, then why in the hell are the Feds getting involved? They were already violating Federal law before. Why aren't State representatives handling this State issue? What makes you think for a second that they're going to stop this "crackdown" with just the current violators? What "regulations" will be trumped up next to try and shut down the remainder of them, or will the Feds just tax them out of existence, making it all but impossible to afford a profitable business?

Control is a powerful thing. The most powerful thing on the planet.

Big Alcohol, Tobacco, and Pharma...Never, and I mean NEVER underestimate the power of greed and corruption, for campaign contributions will ALWAYS outweigh "state generated revenue", no matter what the numbers say. You want legalization? It's easy. Dump half a billion dollars into campaign coffers. Sounds pathetically stupid, but it's also a proven model.

Cash is the only language spoken today by lawmakers. Common Sense lost a say decades ago.

Perhaps now MMJ clinics that were against legalization will be singing a different tune due to the continued federal oppression.

I hope...no I pray I'm wrong here. If this latest activity doesn't send a message that we MUST legalize it outright in 2012, I don't know what will.

5. That was deep brah :smoke: