Attention PS3 Owners, I need your help

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by thestonedstoner, Feb 18, 2012.

1. So I just got a ps3 fairly recently, and I'm stuck with the problem of figuring out what games to buy. Right now, I only have skyrim. I'm looking for games that have a good single-player, a fun online multiplayer, and a local multiplayer as an added bonus. The game should also have a good lasting appeal because I don't want spend $60 on a game, play it for 1 month, and never touch it again.

I've gotten some suggestions and I'm considering Killzone 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. What are some other good games that you can suggest?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! :smoke:

2. Battlefield 3:)

3. General games to have for ps3:

BIOSHOCK

Borderlands (which I got directly from the psn, with all 4 add-ons, for >$20). It's a pretty great game, so that price is incredible :eek:
    Battlefield 3
    Fallout (any of them, really. I have New Vegas)
    Dead Rising + Dead Rising 2
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Portal 1 + 2
    Lost Planet 2
    HAZE
    Pretty much any game put out by Bethesda and/or Havok

4. Ok man I've been rocking Playstation for years this is what you need.

Shooters:

I'm not a huge fan of them. But you can't go wrong with BF3 or CoD. Killzone as well.

RPGS:

Just got Kingdoms of Amalur. Its pretty fucking fun. Like real fun. Skyrim or the Fallouts are good choices too.

Action/Adventure

The Uncharted games are good, but a little to cinematic for me. Metal Gear Solid 4 is super cinematic, but is also THE greatest game ever. I highly reccommend it.

Sports

If you like sports games, get FIFA 12 or NBA 2k12. If you don't like soccer or basketball, I wouldn't even get any others. But those 2 are QUALITY games.

Heavy Rain is worth a rental. Not very long, but fun to play. Same goes for L.A. Noire.

5. Metal Gear Solid (Collection and 4)
    God of War (Collection and 3)
    Uncharted 1,2, and 3
    Demon's Souls / Dark Souls (Don't have Dark Souls yet...)

6. In BF3, is the gameplay pretty much the same as in Bad Company 2? and also can you still destroy buildings?

I'm gonna check out the Uncharted and god of War series cause they seem interesting. One more question, does borderlands and dead rising have multiplayer? Also, I decided I'm probably going to get the new Twisted Metal because it seems like fun and I loved playing the older ones as a kid.

Thanks for your help guys :)

7. Twisted Metal is DA shit, just came out a week ago and is only on the PS3. multiplayer is intense man

8. Okay so from the top, why hasnt GTA4 been mentioned before now? Pick that game up for a great, immersive and replayable single player and a pretty chill multiplayer. That and you can pick it up whenever and just fuck shit up if you feel like it.

Other notable mentions for a thrilling solo play are Fallout 3, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Space 2. All of those games are investments, i've completed them all twice over (at least) - no real multiplayer to be found on them though.

Portal 2 is great fun.

9. Get GTA 4 Complete edition, trust me when I say this, i've had a PS3 since release and have a library of games, it's the best game for a stoner by far.

Other than that for replayability I would say Red Dead Redemption (The single player is one of the best and most original I've played) and the multiplayer is fun too.

They are pretty much the most replayable games (Along with skyrim) so now I will list my other favourites:

Uncharted 2 (I have 3 and it's probably much better but I havn't got round to playing it properly yet but number 1 sucks)
    MGS4
    Fallout (New Vegas is the only one I have, i'm sure 3 is good too)
    Demons Souls
    Super Street Fighter 4

Resistance 1 is a great shooter but is past its sell-by date, people still play it online and i'd say it's one of the best shooters ever made and you can probably pick it up for about 5 dollars (Resistance 2 and 3 suck)

Other than that I would say any call of duty game except for Modern Warfare 2.

If you want a good downloadable game I would reccomend:
    Flower (It looks stupid and gay but it's one of my favourite PS3 games, it's hard to convince other people that it's good though, download the demo)

Final Fantasy 7 (PS1 Game but one of my favourite games of all time, the game takes over 100 hours to complete)

Also before you buy killzone try the demos (because personally I think killzone sucks ass)

10. Knowledge has just been dropped, buy this game immediately.

11. another good series for PS3 is the Infamous series, only have played the 1st ones but their is a second one out as well now. A PS3 exclusive

12. Thee are still a bunch of people in Red Dead Redemption, GOTY edition comes with all the DLC you need for no hassles. Just be ready to do a lot of shit talking.

Battlefield 3
    Twisted Metal
    SOCOM 4 was alright