Attention All Glass Blowers!!!

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by John Wieds, Nov 7, 2009.

1. I am a senior in high school and i am very interested in the field of glass blowing. Particularly in the field of making pieces and such. But there is only one problem, i cant find the right person to ask. Considering my art teacher completly frowns upon drugs, and my parents are gonna send me to rehab if they catch me one more time. But I would like to know where i should go to school to get the right education. Or should i get a foundaton to start my business and go from there? Thanks, any comments help.:)

2. You should try to get on as an apprentice to a good glassblower, best education you can get for that sort of thing.

3. I got an internship with my dads friend. He said i can come in anytime and well start blowing. CHECK BACK SOON FOR NEW PICS!!:hello::smoking::hello:

4. ^^^^awesome dude.. I'm from ohio so that kind of opportunity would be far & wide here..

I make glass beads and pendants.. but haven't learned anything about blowing pipes or anything else yet. Hopefully soon. good luck with that!

5. Thanks :). I always have been fasinated by glass and glass beads. And when i grew up and found the glorious ganja, i have found an interest in pipes. i am lucky that i have looked like i am 18 for a few years before i turned it, so i have been going into a local headshop frequently and talkin with some the artists when they come in.
    But yeah when i heard the news i was exstatic. Haha but this guy is in my dads bible study group at church. but i can get the basics down, and ask to go in when hes not working and make pipes haha.