Attention all California growers! CA Cannabis industry, market and laws.

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffisdreaming, Mar 19, 2009.

1. #1 jeffisdreaming, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
    Ok folks, I'm making an attempt to push the boundaries and move the bar forward in regard to what we can talk about in the forums. Today Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Feds will no longer be going after growers or distributors unless they break BOTH fed and state laws. So growing MMJ in Cali and distributing it through co-ops and dispensaries is now legal with the proper paperwork and we should be able to talk about it now.

So, I would like to create this thread to discus the business side of the medical cannabis industry in California, including different career fields and opportunities in the industry, the MMJ commodity market and how to stay within the law and out of jail. I'm calling on all California growers, legal professionals and anyone with knowledge about the industry to contribute to this for the good of all.

I'll get us started with the following questions:

- How hard is it for a grower to arrange a business relationship to grow for a co-op or dispensary? How does one go about that?

- I realize the market price varies, but what is the average price a broker or dispensary pays for a pound to the grower? Is there a difference between the two? Do you have to go through a broker or directly to the dispensary?

- How does the market price vary from strain to strain and how do you find out what strain is in high demand and obtain those seeds or clones?

Please, please, pretty please contribute if you have knowledge in this are and have something to offer!