attempting to start a pc grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by socratis420, Jul 10, 2011.

1. I want to start a pc grow box but i dont know anything about the electrical and the lighting. First how do you wire up the box? second of all what kind of cfls can i use? can i get them from like rona or home depot? and if someone can get me a link would this bulb work for me? Lightbulb - 23-W CFL Lightbulb GLOBE - Rona.ca

any suggestions im willing to lisen i just want to do a little experiment

2. plus i heard i need 2 types of bulbs one for vegging

3. There are many answers to those questions and searching the forums here will greatly increase your own knowledge and confidence in your grow. But, I will give you some answers based off my own experience, check my sig for pics to reference if you would like!

As for wiring you will most certainly need some way to attach your lighting. This setup will depend on the type of box you choose but it is always an excellent idea to make them in such a way that their height can be adjusted. Secondly, having enough ACTUAL wattage is key. Assuming you are only aiming for one plant then you would certainly want at least 100W. You are correct that you need two different sets of lights. For Veg you want to use 6500K or "daylight" and for flower you want 2700K "soft white." Icould go on and on but trust me...read, read, and read again. Then when you think you know enough, read some more lol Look through the different pc grows and see which designs match your needs best. Hope this helped and good luck with your grow!