Attempting to make the switch

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Mranthony, Mar 8, 2015.

1. So, I smoke out of my bong, around a qp of high quality every 4-6 weeks. I really want to buy a vaporizer because of health reasons, and I'm torn between the arizer, and the da buddha vape. anyone try either of these vapes? only vaped oil before... does vaping weed have pretty much the same effects as smoking it? plan on ordering one online sometime tomorrow. smell is no issue, just want a sturdy vape that can handle my drunk accidental abuse... thanks.

2. If you want anything that hits harder than a bong I'd get a sublimator adapt-a-bong kit.  Produces dabs as you use it too.

3. Vaping is a more clear headed high. I just recently made the switch, but I hate it because it's not a fun high unlike smoking. Vaping was fun the first times I did it but I really just enjoy smoking weed. For a portable vape, I'd go with the Flowermate V5.0s. Try vapemood.com for this device. They have amazing shipping speeds and they seem to have things in stock when others don't. And for desktop, I would go with the volcano. You honestly can't go wrong with it. It's also great for social gatherings.

Hope you have fun vaping but you should really be sure that you want to make the switch.

4. #4 101 BIG TEX 101, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    well, don't buy a portable vape called Da Vinci. I just bought 1 and it's horrible

Da Buddha is a good 1 so I hear. So is the Arizer Solo-I owned 1. I prefer portables

:)

5. As a multi-generation bong enthusiasts the one and only vaporizer that will fill the bill is the Plenty Vap.  

It is ugly and expensive but has one of the biggest bowls.  Ships with a metal spacer (also suppose to be used for oil) to conserve weed because the bowl is so big.

For taste and just awesomeness my 24/7 vap is the MFLB - but when I want some bong action it's good and Plenty time.

6. It is a different high, anyone who tells you otherwise is shooting up smack. I have an arizer that i rarely use anymore because of that fact. its not the same feel as if you were getting faded on a bong. That being said, i fucking love a pack out of my arizer solo, big lung busting hits. its fucking phenomenal 

What about vaporbonging?

8. I will admit, its totally something i havent tried. but IMHO, you are still not combusting the entire plant, so it will be totally different. it just boils down to the chemistry of it. With a bic, your combusting the entire plant. more chemicals, less healthy. but a very definable high. when you vape, your only heating up the thc to the point of vaporization. I dont get to buy bud very often, so im very choosey with what i want in my experience. but its really nice none the less. I LOVE LOVE LOVE me a vaporizer pack for hangovers.

I've got my Plenty dialed in max tlc and the high is different but in a good way.  Took me some time to understand it.  Like the first smoking experience when nothing happened.

That said, I'm not sure why but my MFLB is closer to a smoke high.  Now some of that was me burning the weed - but I haven't turned out nothing but beautiful brown abv material in quite a while.

It just tastes and feels different - like the best of both worlds.

10. I still dont understand how people like the mflb, or even suggest it to new vapers. its stealthy as fuck, but thats its only pro. So many of my friends have gotten it for its stealth, and within a week, highly regret spending 100 dollars on a useless block of wood. myself included. theres a learning curve involved with nearly all vapes, but that one is more of a learning sphere. IMHO, dont waste youre hard earned bread on something with such a high risk of making you severely disappointed. 3 years ago, sure.. it was one of the top dogs. but with technology coming so far so quickly, theres far more options that you have a much less significant chance of feeling like the vendor fucked you in the ass. Just my 2 cents.

11. I don't recall suggesting it...  and while I can understand you may not like it, me and a few others do.  I was just editorializing. 

I did suggest the Plenty.  For a bonger - forget about it - the plenty is the way to go...  fill it, vap it, dump it, repeat...  

12. Sorry bud, i wasnt going after you or anything. i swear it was more of a generalized statement. I am a huge advocate of the health benefits of vaping, and i would just rather see someone get into it with a device that will bring long term satisfaction..instead of wanting more after just a few weeks. No harm or insults intended. I just, from personal experience, have noticed that MOST people either LOVE or HATE the mflb, just dont want someone wasting their hard earned bread. :)

13. LOL.....I agree. I bought my first vape a MFLB about 8 months ago. It is ok but I am on my third one and second power adapter already. They fall apart with heavy use. The high is ok. It gets you high but the high is definately different. It is like people say. More of a clear headed high. I miss the body high. How can vaping be good for medical purposes such as pain relief? I bought my MFLB for camping and it sucks for out in the boonies. Bringing batteries camping and trying to charge them is a royal pain in the ass. I think I will continue to vape but I need to get pain relief so I think I may have to supplement vaping with a fedw hits here and there and I will save my pipe and bic for camping.

14. Hmm, have any of you guys used the LSV or Da Buddha? If I went with Da Buddha, I'd get the bong attachment, same for the LSV if it doesn't come with it. The Plenty looks sick but a little pricey for my first vape, when I don't know if I'll like it or not... And how would you guys describe the effect of vaping? Still get that uppety happy feeling?

15. I havent used the LSV, but the Da Buddha is a sweet vape. 

Get something with bags. Youll get your pain relief ^.^ I find the bigger vape hit i take, the closer i get to the smoke high. That being said, i vape in the morning and combust at night. 

16. Now camping is a different story...  Sitting around a camp fire passing vape seems wrong.

But than I camp with a no tech mandate.

No worries...  To be honest I thought it was a piece of shit until I figured it out.  Now, well like I said it's always nearby.

Like everything else, this great world of weed is a personal experience ...  who would have imagined going to a dispensary.  I bought my Plenty on Amazon, on amazon for godsakes - it all blows me away.  

18. 5kr, you prefer the vape high? what essentials would i need to buy if I get da buddah? Was leaning towards the lsv because my e cig is so dented up and I already broke the tank from dropping it over 200 times at the least in the last 2 months(not even exaggerating), so don't know if a vape that can't stand up on it's own is for me... I dunno tho? Any more opinions? Ordering in two hours.

19. bam, getting Da Buddha I decided... Was for sure getting the light saber until 5 minutes ago I found a post in a forum where a guy posted saying he loved it, then replied to the same post 3 weeks later saying the mid glass piece broke and they wouldn't replace it. Is Da Buddha pretty durable? Def getting a bong attachment

All the 7th Floor vaporizers including the Buddha has a glass heater cover.