Attempting My First Autoflower Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nickvio0294, May 14, 2014.

1. Hey GC Community!
    Been an avid lurker new poster,  Im starting my very first indoor medicinal grow for personal use.
    I recently got a CFL soil grow case from mrgrowpro.com Which is arriving saturday!

I will be doing a grow journal once the case arrives.  I already got my seeds 
    1x Autoflowering blue diesel 
    1x Autoflowering Skunk 47
    This is my first grow so I didnt buy expensive seeds.  I got the seeds from attitude seedbank

I chose autoflowers because from what I read it seems to be the easiest to grow.  I have never grown a plant in my entire life this will be the first time i hope I have a green thumb : 0

Is there any advice or pointers you could give me GC community?
    My main concerns now are:
    Type of soil Im gonna use:  I know foxfarm ocean forest is good but i highly doubt ill find that at home depot or lowes I was thinking of going with a miracle grow organic 50 50 mix with miracle gro perlite and line the bottom of my pot with peat moss for drainage.  Not sure if this is a good idea but it seems good to me haha.
    I know not to give nutes til like 2-3 weeks in
    I read that LST SCROG and Sea of Green isnt really advisiable on autoflowers because it stresses them out too much.
    I also read that autoflowers should not be transplanted plant them in the same pot they'll finish in.
    Also what nutes should I buy?  General Hydro looks really easy to use 
    Also what kind of of water should i use to water my plants?
    Bottled water?
    What level should my ph be for a soil cfl grow?
    i think i read between 5.5-6.5?  and I imagine i will be regulating that through my waterings.

I hope all the info I have is right and I go into this with some clue of what im doing.
    im keeping the seeds stored in the bags in bubblewrap inside a stash jar with a humidity packet I hope thats good : )

Ill take all the help I can get I will post a link to my grow journal starting saturday!

Attached Files:

2. General Hydroponics are good... if you are using these, I would not use soil. Instead, use a soil less medium like promix, or you can make your own using 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 perlite. 1/3 vermiculite. This method gives you more control over the nutrients you provide your plants.

As for water, tap water should be okay as long as your ppm is below 700, which is a very high number. I think my tap water is 107ppm. Some people fill a bucket and let it sit for 24 hrs to let the chlorine dissipate. I don't bother, personally. The chlorine content in my water is not very high.

You are right on with the pH.

As for scrog, lst, etc, you could try anything you want, but especially with autoflowers, you might just want to do a simple grow for your first time.

Good luck! :smoke:

3. Island hit the nail on the head, soil is the least effective medium for using bottled nutes. Anything else would make a better combination.... perlite, coco, soilless, rockwool.

IMO all bagged soils are inadequate for MJ. If you want to use soil then I suggest mixing it yourself following some of the recipes in the organics section like this: http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html
    The recipe in my journal is working out too if you want to check it out. Comes out to be a lot cheaper than ocean forest, about $1 per gal with nutrients compared to $2.50/g with OF not including nutrients.

4. Sounds easy enough so far! How will I know when to feed my plants and with what and how often? Nutrients wise? And what's a good watering schedule? How should I water with a spray bottle or just pouring it on. Should I flush my soil before planting my germed seed?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I add nutrients when I mix my dirt, again 6 weeks later, and once more halfway through flower. Super easy and it works.

6. You add with your mix? I thought nutes weren't good for seedlings

7. And that my friend, is the difference between synthetic nutes and organic nutes. Check out the organics forum.

8. Should I be adding lime as well to my organic soil mix I'm going to do the 1/3 peat moss 1/3 perlite and 1/3 vermiculite. Also how much nutes should I add to my soil when missing it? Should I flush the soil before planting my seed?

That's not an organic soil mix, that's something you would use with synthetic nutes. Pro-mix BX has lime already added to it but if you're just using regular peat then yes, add lime.

10. Where can I buy promix sounds to be the easiest solution

11. Got mine at a nursery/garden center. Find a good garden center, not some ratchet walmart operation. I go to Adams Fairacre Farms, they have a top-notch market there, huge selection of products, their nursery is bigger than their grocery store and they cater to MJ growers (foxfarm, etc)

I've heard of people buying it at home depot but the one near me doesn't carry it.

Pretty much every hydro shop I've been to carries pro-mix.

12. #14 Nickvio0294, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014

I am VERY confused on how to feed nutes and superthrive to my plants.
    I have 2 3L pots that I will be using start to finish since I have autoflowers.
    How do i know how much to put in? Do I mix the nutes with water? How much do I water the soil when I do water?
    I flushed the soil yesterday and letting it dry up until my germination happens any advice?

All the labels talk about Gallon pots and I have Liter pots so i am just so confused

13. Here is the link to my grow journal guys 
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1305936-my-first-grow-using-mr-grow-pro-case.html
    Help me out
    unfortunately due to a tight budget I couldn't get fox farm or premier : c
    So instead I used a 1/3 peat moss 1/3 perlite and 1/3 miracle gro organic mix
    my skunk germinated and I planted it today check it out!

the lights are close warm to the back of my hand but not hot
    any tips pointers suggestions please tell me!
    I also took care to not touch the white root tip and to plant it facing down : )

Attached Files: