Attempting a grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Alinder, Jul 19, 2017.

1. So if someone were to grow some weed. What would be all the necessities for one singular plant? I plan on using reg white lights. I know how bad they are but i plan on putting 40 watts over night and bringing the plant out during the day for sunlight about 8 hours or more per day. I would think the light would help at least some bit. Also i have nitrogen to feed it but it is miracle grow and know the reputation of miracle grow for plants. But if i were to use reg dirt soil and feed plant as i water could it thrive? Also is ventilation necessary? Because i am planning on putting it in my basement which is mostly cold (with 40 watt light) but it has an insulation roof which i am scared about. I dont need the best grown, just something smokeable. And what size pot should i use for the plant? Just please if i need any more things please help! Any help is good!! :)

2. Don't use regular light bulbs.
    They don't emit the correct light spectrum.
    Don't use any miracle grow product.
    It's not good for cannabis.

Do a little research.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Before some ass jumps in and assaults you. Let me be frank...growing isnt rocket science, and you sound like a confident guy, but your going about it all wrong.......go to the forums and read the stickies and articles related to the style you plan to grow....TRUST ME IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY AND ALOT OF WASTED TIME...WEEKS! MONTHS! SOMETIMES YOUR WHOLE CROP.. take the time to research.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. But yes even a low wattage white light during the night will stop it from flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  5. For your situation, the best option is to go for feminized auto flower seeds. They flower regardless of light cycles and will give you a bud or two regardless of grow fuckups

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also I would suggest to go for at least two 40 watt CFLs at the very minimum for nights. Days, the sun light would be good enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Unless you want to waste lots of time and money and end up with nothing for it, YOU need to take the time, do the research and educate YOURSELF. Don't depend on comments of people you do not know to determine the moves you make. Putting together a real grow is not something you just throw together and you'll end up spending money you don't need to on stuff you don't need because of not taking the initiative to INFORM YOURSELF WITH FACTS. Listening to the first suggestion on here is like playing Russian roulette. You have no clue what their experience level is or if they're even qualified to answer your question. LIGHT is THE most important element in an indoor grow. Without adequate lighting for every plant you attempt to grow and flower, you are simply wasting your time. But for goodness sake, do some reading on what you want to do. All the info you could ever need is already here on the forum. You just have to be willing to devote the time and energy to reading it. TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. growweedeasy.com, they have every last bit of information you need from seed to flower, it's all categorized and in order chronologically

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Just dont use MG products like they say

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Oh honey.... you need to read, read, read. Watch youtube videos, visit growweedeasy.com and start learning the basics. You don't understand lights, or nutritional needs yet. You HAVE to learn about this stuff, hun. If you don't like reading, do youtube videos; Watch Jorge Cervantes' channel. Learn about how the plants life cycle goes, what NPK ratios are and how they affect your plants during the different growth cycles and avoid using a regular white lights. Honestly, it would behoove you to just by a cheap, off name LED instead. Read up on nutrient deficiencies and toxicities, what normal problems beginners encounter and how to counter them.

NEVER USE MIRACLE GROW

Why? Because the fertilizer is time released and it WILL kill your plant.

Just keep reading and watching videos, the info is out there and easily accessible :) You sound like a smart guy, sweet pea... just way too excited and impatient. Learn first, grow second. <3

• Like Like x 1
  11. www.growweedeasy.com

that site should be your bible right now, learn it, love it, execute it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Good light
    Good soil
    Good nutrients
    And good environment.

That's what you NEED.
    You have none of these by the sounds of it. Rather than wasting time growing a plant that'll fill 1 or 2 bowls after 4-6 months of wasted time listen to everyone that posted here. Learn build grow. In that order. Learn build grow. For 300 dollars and about 100 hours you can cover all that. And instead of 1-2 bowl packs of crap you'll end up with a skill you can master and a product you'll be proud of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Q. Its going to be outside every day so why not just leave it their?

14. Lights for nights??? Lol

15. Yes because not everybody can afford a grow tent and the works. So people like me grow autos in a place where we get 8 hours of sun light. That is not enough so I use lights for the "nights" so I can give them at least 18 hours of total light in a day including sunlight

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ah for night time outside, I see... :/

17. Nothing new. Greenhouse growers use it to get an early start on the season. Keeps the plants from flowering early.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. stupid triple post

19. Can you have autos in your lounge room or kitchen? Just in the room like a normal house plant?

20. You could, if you had enough lights above it. It would look odd though in the kitchen or lounge, with one place concentrated with lights