attempted brainwashing faure

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by CLKWRK, Nov 11, 2012.

1. So having completed basic training and now being in ait i've noticed how much the military tries to brainwash you. Always talking about their combat stories. Always telling you how the nations constitution is in danger and how thats what your really defending when infact your more sworn to the president than anything else.

I just find it a little sad how our military has to do this to its own people. The governmnt i can understand. But this blows. Idk man seems like the more i explore the more displeased i become. I like how they tried to break me though. Eheheh. Funny story.

I think the whole reason this happens is by cause were isolated and left to our own devices. Caught up in the news what football team won ect. It makes the job way to easy for them sometimes. Sometimes.

Anyone have any experience with this situation?

2. Well, my friend told me about it.

Apparently they try to mind fuck you during basic training. Which a lot of people couldn't take because they weren't aware. There were a few people who tried to kill themselves or fake sick by eating shampoo and weird shit like that. As long as you're aware of what they're doing and that it'll be over in a few months, it's all good. But some of those kids only go because their parents force them to. Idk, I decided against joining since I don't want to be tied down with anything right now.

I wouldn't mind joining though, I think it has a lot of potential to be an interesting job.

3. If you didn't know about any of that before you went in you did little to no research

4. I didnt do any reseach actually. I kind of like doing things blind. Adds a little excitment

5. bump ive always been curious about this can you give some examples of what they did?

6. The had offers to sell us unique shirts and hats but they all had some damn references to the us army. Never just a cool design it always had the words us army or the army logo all the time.

We always yelled hooah when shit went well like we were badasses ;r something. Just a bunch of stupid stuff tha over timr could erode someones brain

7. Hmm.

That doesn't sound like brainwashing at all. They do the same thing for highschool football...

8. It wasnt just that. Its hard for me to explain some people might be able to do it better. But i got a strong sense of them trying to brainwash me.

9. It wasnt just that. Its hard for me to explain some people might be able to do it better. But i got a strong sense of them trying to brainwash me.

10. Brainwash to turn you into a brainless killing monkey? Is that what your getting at? Cause if they have you getting physced after using weapons etc I It could possibly change your views.

11. #11 Rayban, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
    i can't help but laugh reading the OP
    should've looked before you jumped

12. I didnt tumble on my way down if thsts what you mean.

13. I can't see how any army could function if it had bad morale for itself or what it does. A lot of corporate companies do this. A lot of schools, colleges especially, do this. A lot of churches do this.

I'd say it's more manipulation of certain individuals than it is brainwashing.

14. Tomato. Tomotoe.

15. Our constitution is being dismantled actually if you pay attention

16. I know it is. Thats a reason i joined. Protect that shit

17. Ah yes the brainwashing and generalizing they force you into a small box. They don't want thinkers they want doers. When someone busts in that door in Afgahn they want you to fire first and not ask questions later. They will forge you into a warrior and once it happens there's no going back.

PTSD anyone? Why do you think handfuls of them stay with the army their whole life, they cannot re-adjust.

18. You say you're protecting that shit... but are you really protecting that shit?

:poke:

19. You are working with the system.
    The govt. needs people to reflect its power: police, military, prisons, etc.

No one wins at war. The govt. goes to war, knowing a select few are profiting from the expenses and lives of its very protectors.

Do you think the universal forces, such as "god" or other forces of nature agree that killing another human species is ok to enforce some rules or laws written down?

The only way to have someone agree with you is to either persuade them or to use force.

Our govt uses force, to get other nations to agree with them. The elites profit from this, its all money and power.

20. It is a common technique when you have people from many different backgrounds, education, regions etc. They want everyone brought down to the same level and then bring them up as a team/unit. That builds commonalities of purpose and experience to result in a trained cohesive unit. :smoke: