Attempt to see why most people say not to use fox farm nutes with miracle grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 17, 2014.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  1. This is the USA - there is NO WAY that such a poor, low quality product disguised as soil is the only option. That is seriously just ridiculous, and no offense is meant at all. Even the big box stores are selling organic soil these days for cheap money or if you simply want an inert medium to fertilize with Grow Store nutes theses always good ol' ProMix or coco.

Miracle Grow is never, ever the only option.

My .02c.

J

• Like Like x 3
  2. i havent read too far into this thread, but that statement needs to be seen and heard by every new grower.

3. Draw near and listen for the truth:
    There is nothing wrong with MG Potting Mix. It's like soil with trainning wheels. It's far, far better can a clump of dirt from the back yard or plain old garden soil. As you get more experience and things like flushing before your harvest become more important then it's not a good choice. You can mix organic fertilizer with MG potting mix and get great results. I don't think you need to flush if you're using only organic fertilizer but that's just me.
    Growing 100% organic is not for beginners but it's easy and the results can be incredible. Growing 100% organic isn't going to make up for the dumbass screw-ups beginners make but it can help keep their focus on the important things like planning, light, heat, over-watering and over-feeding.
    All that being said, I switched from hydro to organic two years ago and I've been very pleased with the results.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I wish I started organic right from the start. It is so amazingly simple.....ok so we've heard the discussion over saving your $15 and all that good stuff, I'll put a new twist on it....Think of that extra $20 as insurance. If you spent that extra $20, you would reassure yourself you have soil you simply cannot mess up, except by over watering. Which, you can mess up MG overwatering also, so that nulls that problem. That's just one point. But that extra $20 would've gotten you all the way thru flower with no amendments. So that $20 would've saved you $30, cause lets face it dude your going to HAVE to buy some amendments for that MG. Your plant looks great now (cough, cough) but dude give it another 6 weeks your soil will be bone dry of nutes. So not only would that extra $20 saved you $10, but it will also save you the HASSLE of scouring the forum 4-6 weeks from now and going out and buying more crapAs a side note, I think I'd rather have the campsite dudes dirt than MG.....with the piss and the ashes and all. At least plants were designed to grow in regular ol' dirt like that

• Like Like x 1
  5. .Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

Attached Files:

6. Did a little trimming and lst on the biggest Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well they turned out to be males so I trashed them

Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

8. After I did some close examination I found a fuck ton of balls on little stems

Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

9. Funny how many of the "experiment" threads end with similiar results. Oh well i guess we will have to wait until next time to see the greatness of miracle grow and cfls.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Don't trash a plant to quick. What you may have thought were balls could have been calyx that hadn't sprouted a pistil yet. After all, these were your first plants. Should have consulted "the vets."

Sent from

11. I did consult the vets same answer everytime. Do research and stop asking stupid questions

12. I don't believe I asked a question. Was more of a statement. It's cool though. Carry on.

Sent from

• Like Like x 1
  13. This may be off topic but...
    why use Miracle Grow at all when you can get a huge bag Pro Mix HP for $25 at lowes or home depot. Shoot i think even some wall marts carry it. A Bag of that will get me through at least 8-12 five gallon buckets. No ferts in it and it is a great medium.  Don't waste your money on MG. The time release ferts in the mixture of MG will usually make take at least 9 months to fully get out of your buds. So when you are are only growing the plant for maybe 4-6 months then your buds taste icky even with the best of flush with the MG. Not to mention that the ferts they use in MG are not the same nutrients that the Cannabis needs through out it's whole life cycle and eventually the plant will need more phosphorus and potassium when it starts budding, but adding more fertilizer to what is already in the MG can and usually burn foliage or damage the plants growth during the flowing time. So unless your growing a mother plant that your never going to bud or going to wait a year to bud it then i would not go with MG at all.  As far as Fox Farms goes, it is a wonderful fertilizer.  I have been their products for years now.  The trick with the Fox farms is to use their micro nutrient line as well as  their macro nutrients.  Also if you cut back the dosage to about half of what they say to use then you will have no problems with burning or any type of nutrient lock up.  It is very easy to flush out if you use clearex 3 to 5 days before harvest.  Yes it is a little expensive but the powdered micro nutrients last a very long time, though you do go through the bottles of liquid macro nutrients quite a bit faster.  Hope this helps

14. Damn son were'd you find this "2008"

15. “Son”?

My kids are older than you.

Dont know where you gettin “2008” from.

j