Attempt to see why most people say not to use fox farm nutes with miracle grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 17, 2014.

1. [quote name="joker865" post="19368247" timestamp="1390137717"]The problem i have with miracle grow isnt the nutes, it is the compaction and poor aeration. It has the consistency of tree bark mixed with mud. I grow a lot of plants other than mj (26 species outdoors last season), and i wont plant anything i care about much in miracle grow. It just doesnt do as well as decent soil no matter if your growing pansies, pickles, or pot. Im not saying you need to run out and get fox farms, or roots, or other big name soil. There are normally some good low budget options if you look around.[/quote]Oh I know I could of got black gold but I wanted to use miracle grow to help anyone who can only afford it it's my way of helping the poor growersWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

2. Wow, people really need to lighten up.. everyone has been in this guys shoes before im sure, shit I have been and bashing someone for actually taking the time to do this is a waste words..all I see is vets say do research and stop asking stupid questions well maybe you vets should help out more how about actually helping out shit.. for a bunch of stoners some of you guys can be assholes get over yourselves and let the guy do his thing hes not hurting anyone and hes actually giving useful info..

-------------------------------
    my journals

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1244732-First-cfl-grow-lst-and-topping

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1256772-Sugar-cookie-seed

3. if youre 25 you are going to struggle something fierce to navigate this life.  good luck to ya.  pull the blue lever- lord knows youll need it.

4. Dude look at your plants. This is why I don't use MG

5. #25 ParanoiaKills, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    At stealth, go to this website. Buildasoil.com. Purchase a $25 bag of living soil in the products category. Put your plants in it. And watch them growIt'll be the best $25 you've spent. What was the miracle grow, $15?? Spend the extra $10I'm poor too brother. But if you INVEST you'll be happy in 3 months from now

6. [quote name="ParanoiaKills" post="19368593" timestamp="1390145662"]At stealth, go to this website. Buildasoil.com. Purchase a $25 bag of living soil in the products category. Put your plants in it. And watch them growIt'll be the best $25 you've spent. What was the miracle grow, $15?? Spend the extra $10I'm poor too brother. But if you INVEST you'll be happy in 3 months from now[/quote]No the miracle grow only cost me $4 and the perlite was 3$Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

7. most large hardware stores (home depot, lowes, menards, ect) carry better soil..I found some similar to ocean forest when i started growing and then just added more perlite..also you're over watering so might wanna cut back

8. Ik I just decided to get the miracle grow I know there are better and I will do that on my next growWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

9. Good luck with your grow, i have seen a few grow journals on YouTube and other sites that turned out ok, a few ounces.

Flushing will be a problem though I think for you to half decent tasting buds, maybe wash the soil and then dwc in water to attchieve that.
    It will be a pain in the ass tho 4 sure.

Subbed

10. This morning Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

Attached Files:

11. To all my haters this plant has got out of little sick spell it was low temps but I got it under control Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

Attached Files:

12. But I have prepared a poem for my haters and I really put thought into this.... *Bongin* To all my haters the claim to help and are vets, I simply cannot understand why you would bash on a simple test. For those who try to tell me the things are idiotic that I do, well please understand that I am only a boob. And when this grow is over and your reading what I put about the taste, I would give anything to see the look on your face. And for those who were hating ask me for advice or things to try, I will have four words for you "Eat Shit And Bye"Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

13. *Noob* gotta love Android phone Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

14. It's not the worst, but you can get better for barely any more money.  MG is one of the worst things for new growers because you can't control the grow very well, so when a problem arises it's near impossible for a novice grower to correct it.  Not going to hate on you for using it, but suggesting anyone else use it is not the best idea.  

Also, you might have some issues later on in your grow.  Since you flushed out a bunch of the nutes it may not last the whole grow, so you might end up having to add some more.  Also, since it's so dense it could contribute to root bind.  Also, if the fertilizer is not used up by the end of the plant's life you won't get any flush, which isn't the worse thing but you don't really want those chems in the buds.

Apart from that there is the fact that it is made by Monsanto, as someone else said.  They are one of the worst corporations today and I try to not support them in any way.

This being said it should still work, it's just far from optimal.  Besides, if you are using Fox Farm nutes you should probably using soil with nothing in it anyway.  Being that you're going to add nutes it's risky to use a soil with time release.  

15. [quote name="turbotoke" post="19383624" timestamp="1390359296"]It's not the worst, but you can get better for barely any more money. MG is one of the worst things for new growers because you can't control the grow very well, so when a problem arises it's near impossible for a novice grower to correct it. Not going to hate on you for using it, but suggesting anyone else use it is not the best idea. Also, you might have some issues later on in your grow. Since you flushed out a bunch of the nutes it may not last the whole grow, so you might end up having to add some more. Also, since it's so dense it could contribute to root bind. Also, if the fertilizer is not used up by the end of the plant's life you won't get any flush, which isn't the worse thing but you don't really want those chems in the buds.Apart from that there is the fact that it is made by Monsanto, as someone else said. They are one of the worst corporations today and I try to not support them in any way.This being said it should still work, it's just far from optimal. Besides, if you are using Fox Farm nutes you should probably using soil with nothing in it anyway. Being that you're going to add nutes it's risky to use a soil with time release. [/quote]All the nutes have flushed out with mass amounts of boiling hot water and I faned through the soil for the time release fertilizer balls and did a soil runoff test and there was no nutrients whatsoever Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

16. #40 turbotoke, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014