Attacked by a rottweiler

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SlimPickins, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Last month I was with my family walking down a sidewalk on our way to the Iowa state fair. About a half block ahead of where we were walking, some lady had pulled her car over and was dinking around with something in the back seat. All of the sudden a big ass (id say ~100lb) rottweiler comes flying out of the door and just starts running down the street towards us. The lady is yelling for the dog to come back but of course he isnt listening to her stupid ass. There are people everywhere but of course he is making a b-line straight for me. I just stood there, not really nervous, but almost thinking if I don't move, he wont come at me. Evidently it doesn't work like that. As hes getting closer I realize that I'm gonna have to fend for myself cause the stupid fat white trash bitch cant control him. He gets within 5 yards (still moving full speed) and jumps like hes going to bite my face, so I took a quick step to the right and punched this dog in the side of his head as hard as I could. He hit the ground and got up pretty wobbly as I stand there ready for him to come back at me. By this time his stupid ass owner was running down the street yelling at me for hitting her dog as the dog again takes off down the street. At this point I was enraged that she is yelling at me for punching this stereotypically vicious dog, instead of letting him tear my face off. She then turns around and runs back to her car to try to chase the dog down and this is the last I ever see of her or the dog.
    I'm actually a big dog lover and absolutely don't advocate hitting or hurting animals, but I'm also not gonna let some dog mangle up my face without a fight. I just feel that if someone wants to have a potentially dangerous animal like this, there should be stricter guidelines on who can own them. It seems like these incompetent retards feel the need to own vicious animals, then the animal tears some little kids head off and the dog gets euthanized while the owner gets a slap on the wrist.

2. I'm with ya. My neighbours have two big rotties and they can easily escape their yard. Several people have been chased around the alley behind my place.

The next time I see one out I'm fucking calling animal services and hopefully the dogs will be adopted by someone responsible before they're killed. They're too dangerous, and there's newborns/small kids on this block.

3. Only meant 2 good ones and prob 15 bad ones. Got attacked by one when i was 5 scariest shit ever!

4. Hah, Ive only seen one bad rotty.

My pitbull pulled a labrodor through the fence and ripped out its throat though.

5. You need to fucking put aggressive dogs in their place.
    Just the same as if a fucking lunatic gangster came charging for you, fists flying.

My dad once snapped a Rottweiler's leg after it started attempting to maul him.

6. Im not for hurting animals either, but if you felt in fear for your own safety then you did what you had to do.

I just think that there are too many irrrsponsible owners that really like to bring out the agresiveness in certian breeds and exploit the poor animals, but I thinkt hat any dog, regardless of breed can hurt someone be it a small child or an adult, and they shoudl be put on leashes,, for everyones safety.

7. Where is Cesar Milan (the dog whisperer) when you need him?

Yes, dog training should be mandatory with certain people(the ones who can't handle a dog).

If a dog's coming at you to bite, its fair game to be punched out, that lady can't be mad at you for defending yourself, that's instinct.

8. I would have yelled at the stupid bitch after decking the dog

9. Yeah this is what I'm sayin, it seems like there are too many owners that are just too irresponsible to be owning aggressive breeds of dogs. Its the breeds that are known to be more aggressive, especially if not raised properly, that these people are buying and not properly training. I would almost say that if you want to own one of these dogs, than if this dog mauls some kid, or anyone for that matter, the owner should get a minimum of 1 year in prison. The laws are just too lenient for the owners.

10. I had a pitbull attack me when I was about 14 I was just riding my bike past a house and all of the sudden it comes running after me out of the driveway. It caught me and pulled me off my bike by my shorts and I fell on the ground but as soon as I hit i kicked it hard as fuck in the face and it ran off yelping. Ended up having to go to court about it because it had attacked 3-4 other people.

11. It's the owners fault for raising the dog to be uncooperative and mean, you had every right to punch the beast. you should have yelled at the lady too.

I love rottweilers though

12. good on ya for punchin the dumb fucker in the head.

13. That why they got shock collars. There was this pitbull in our neighborhood, and this small girl bout my size, which is like 5'1, was walking it. I saw it go right for this kid and when it was almost there. YELP!, she shocked da shit out that dog then whooped it ass. I mean if your dog is viscious u got to do what u go to do.

14. my friend has a rottie thats about a year old and its already a size of a fucking wolf or maybe bigger. but this one is soooo nice it always comes next to you when ur smokin and puts its face on ur laps and just lies down. . but anyways i think dogs are reflection of their owners, so that means that stupid bitch is dumb -No talk about getting animals high- Bliz

15. If your pit bull did that to my Labrador I would shoot it in the head with my .22 than beat you with a baseball bat.

16. also had to add I question the validity of the post from the OP. From what I have ever heard about Rottweilers and Pitt Bulls is that if you get in a one on one with one you're basically fucked. Maybe not Rotty's as much as pittbulls, but supposabely you can hit them with baseball bats and they'll just keep coming. Hard to believe your one punch made him wobbly and you actually hit him flush mid-air as he's leaping for your throat. You like Mike Tyson or something?

Meh. Sorry but the story sounds embelished.

I figured if a dog leaps at me I'll grab him by the neckand slam him on the ground. It would be a lot easier than throwing a one hitter quitter at a dog in mid-air. If I the dog ever got on top of me I'd put both of my thumbs in its eyes.

17. I own a rottie and he is around daycare kids all day. They ride him like a horse. The owners are the dog personality trainers. If you do nothing he runs all over you because he is the alpha male. If you put him in his place then you are the alpha male/female. Dogs are reflections of owners you tie them up all the time they become a little more agressive. You beat them they become more aggresive. You don't give them attention they are aggresive and they don't listen.
    My nephew was walking him the other day and two pits came running after my nephew and my took one step at the pitts andd they ran back home. I've never seen or heard of a pitts let alone two running from a fight.

My nieghbor had a 3/4 wolf/huskie he was attacking a dog I use to own. (she died in front of the fire of old age)
    The wolf was ready to go for the neck but I ran into the fight with no fear and nothing but anger and the wolf ran away from me. "I was surprised".
    If you show a dog a little anger and yell in a deep tone they don't know what to do.

18. My cousin used to have a rot that was crazy. It jumped their fence a couple times trying to attack other dogs. One time we were in the frontyard of his house and this older lady walked by with some small dog and his dog jumped the fence and snatched her dog up. My cousin ran up on his dog and threw a haymaker to its side and the rot dropped the other dog and ran back to the gate yelping. So it might be possible to throw one punch and rattle a dog. Although it coulda been just because it was his dog and the dog knew who its master was.

19. Put that Mayweather punch on his ass hahaha.

20. I dont know what to tell you man, theres no way I can prove it to you...

I saw him coming from at least 20 yards away so I was prepared. Of course I'm no mike tyson, but I did box for about 3 years, and being 6'1 250, I can throw a pretty hard punch.

It was actually a lot easier than you might think to land a punch on him, its all about timing and I have a pretty good grasp of that from the years of boxing. Maybe wobbly isnt the right word, but he didn't land on his feet and when he stood up he just kinda stood there for a second, you could tell that he wasn't all there, but he also wasn't stumbling around like a drunk. Once he stood up, his owner was about 10 to 15 yards away running towards us and he just took off again.

To be honest, I would think it would be a lot harder to choke slam a dog flying at you than it would to side step and crack it in the side of the head. idk, it was just instinct.